My plateau

I have been dieting for about 4 months now.1250 or less calories a day.I'm stalled and don't know what to do about it.I have been stalled for about 5-6 weeks.I started out at 240 pounds and now I am 220...don't know when the scale will move again.I feel thinner ...(how does that work)
When you aren't losing? Pat

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Do you use a food scale? Have you readjusted your MFP calories since you lost 20 pounds? If you are using measuring cups and tablespoons realize that they measure volume and not weight so serving sizes can vary from the manufacturers suggested serving size. Maybe try to eat at maintenance calories for two days with your diet being primarily healthy carbs then go back to what you are currently doing and see if that helps.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Can you make your diary public? People will be able to give you more specific advice on what is happening if you do so.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    How accurate and complete is your logging? If you're 220 pounds and eating 1250 calories per day: you should weigh less now than 6 weeks ago.

How often do you use a food scale? Do you prepare the majority of foods yourself, or are you eating foods cooked/prepared by friends/family? I ask because the more you're involved in the process, the more accurate you can be in your logging. If someone else is making the food and you are estimating/guessing about your calories in: you could easily be wrong.