How to edit calorie count on food?

Options
axcount
axcount Posts: 7 Member
Hello, new user here.

I'm trying to add today's meal, from restaurant Chipotle. It claims the calorie count is 650, however, with all the stuff I add to it, it should be higher than that (1050, according to Chipotle's official tool https://www.chipotle.com/nutrition-calculator ).
So, how do I change it? I tried tapping on everything I could find, but I couldn't manage to edit it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated =)

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Can you not edit the serving size by clicking on your entry? That works for me-there is no way to alter the calorie/nutrition number of MFP entries.
  • axcount
    Options
    Hmm. By entering 1.61 servings of my burrito, I was able to get the calorie count to be correct. The carbs, fat, and protein are all way off though.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating something in a 'custom' way then I'll create a new entry. Example: Zaxby's Blackened Blue Zalad no dressing, no fried onions: and enter the nutritional data from the website.
  • axcount
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks all! I did find the custom thing. Now my nutrient tracking is as accurate as it can be =)
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    axcount wrote: »
    Thanks all! I did find the custom thing. Now my nutrient tracking is as accurate as it can be =)

And if you tend to order the same things (variations of meal items) at restaurants, then you should only have to customize it once. Then it will show in your recent list.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    If you don't get the same thing every time you go to Chipotle, you can create a meal that includes all the options of things you might eat (e.g., my Chipotle meal includes carnitas and barbacoa, but not the steak because I don't ever order that). You log the meal, and delete the ingredients you didn't include in that order. It's much quicker than looking up and checking entries each time you eat there.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would enter the standard item, then separately add the other things you put on. Guac, or beans or whatever! That works for me usually and the macronutrients are more accurate that way.