Ummm, what happened to the spider that was in my bathtub this morning?!

Options

Replies

• anj32694
    anj32694 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    New pet! πŸ˜‰
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    O M G Spiders never bothered me until these pictures came along.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    anj32694 wrote: Β»
    New pet! πŸ˜‰

Wonder if it was big enough to require a leash?

Would much rather have a spider on the loose than a wasp. Those things are sneaky and hurtful.
  • RightInTheFiveHole
    RightInTheFiveHole Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: Β»
    Where the fudge did it go?! 😱

Gonna need to burn down the house

THIS! You are just going to have to light the house on fire and walk away...
  • Whyohwhydidsheswallowthefly
    Options
    Tip for anyone reading this; if you see a spider in your bath, make a ladder for it out of toilet roll, just put some over and inside the bath and leave it there.
    The spider will climb up and see it's self out.

I once heard killing spiders in your house was bad luck and me being crazy superstitious, I've never done it since. 🀣
    Also, they're just little critters (here in the UK anyway...) so I'd feel bad if I were to kill one. They're creepy af yes but they usually just keep themselves to themselves.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Tip for anyone reading this; if you see a spider in your bath, make a ladder for it out of toilet roll, just put some over and inside the bath and leave it there.

I once heard killing spiders in your house was bad luck and me being crazy superstitious, I've never done it since. 🀣
    Also, they're just little critters (here in the UK anyway...) so I'd feel bad if I were to kill one. They're creepy af yes but they usually just keep themselves to themselves.

Yeh, I hear Australia has spiders the size of dinner plates. So I guess toilet paper would be useless, maybe bed sheets? :)
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

Yeh, I hear Australia has spiders the size of dinner plates. So I guess toilet paper would be useless, maybe bed sheets? :)

You move. It's the spiders house now.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

When I was growing up, my Dad would never kill a bug in the house. He'd catch it in a glass and put it outside. Even in winter...we'd say "Dad, it's going to freeze to death outside anyways." But I think he didn't want to be the one to directly kill it.

Mom, on the other hand, would just squish the thing, as long as Dad was not around.
    Options

When I was growing up, my Dad would never kill a bug in the house. He'd catch it in a glass and put it outside. Even in winter...we'd say "Dad, it's going to freeze to death outside anyways." But I think he didn't want to be the one to directly kill it.

Mom, on the other hand, would just squish the thing, as long as Dad was not around.

I'm like your dad in that way, I even just pick them up with my hands and toss them out the window (Even if it means screaming whilst im doing it 🀣) .

I'm quite fond of insects actually, ever since I found an iridescent beetle at a festival. (No drugs were involved! 😳🀣It really was iridescent, it looked the way petrol does when it gets into a wet pavement) some give me the creeps, like spiders, but they're just little creatures doing their thing, they're amazing really.
    I have a bee nest in my wall atm and I feel very proud/protective over it πŸ˜†
    I'd also really love to be able to see inside a cocoon when the caterpillar is morphing.🀩 I have caterpillars on a bush in my garden and they're magpie moths, the cocoons look like wasps and they wiggle around if you touch them to deter predators.. How cool is that!? 😁

Anyway, sorry for derailing your old ish thread op 😊

Options
    Oh god i just realised my username and now I'm rambling about bugs. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    I'm not a crazy bug person.. I just appreciate them πŸ€£πŸ’œ
  • ReenieHJ
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Oh god i just realised my username and now I'm rambling about bugs. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    I'm not a crazy bug person.. I just appreciate them πŸ€£πŸ’œ

I do too. When I ran a daycare in my home, we made our own worm farm, ant farm(which we learned that not all the ants we caught were from the same family oops) and ordered caterpillars so we could watch them make cocoons and become butterflies. The kids all had their own bug catchers here and we'd go out every day to see what we could find. We found some very interesting caterpillars through the years. We even caught a bumble bee in a catcher and observed him for quite awhile, all safely done I assure you. :) But the high point was the toad I can remember one little girl catching, she doted on that thing all day long until momma came and we convinced her the best place for him/her was back where it lived. :)
    I used to speak to the children about letting them stay alive and why. But I have to admit there are certain bugs I will kill if they invade my home, hornets, wasps, and earwigs are 3 I can think of. :/
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Just wondering, BuffMan, has it resurfaced yet? Maybe with a huge family trailing behind?
  • austinwb8
    austinwb8 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It showed up in my commode!!vqxipnq8fsl9.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    🀐
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Time to install some motion sensors
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Ummmmm
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Ummmmm

That's a biiiiig spider eh.. πŸ˜‚
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options

Ummmmm

That's a biiiiig spider eh.. πŸ˜‚

I hear Australia has much larger ones. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Dammit people, that's HOOJ! One reason never to go to Oz is those damn horse-sized spiders 😱.
    That spider hasn't shown up again, which is good, because I'm all settled in, would be a shame to burn the place down.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,527 Member
    Options

That's a nice toilet you got there LOL LOL LOL