Gastric sleeve 12 months later

Hey all

June 5th, 2019 I had gastric sleeve surgery.

I weighed in at 180.5kgs (400lbs).

I now weigh 120kgs (265lbs).

I still have another 25kgs (55lbs) to go.

The last three months have been a struggle for me. I have stalled my weight loss, and food cravings have started creeping back. I haven't gained any weight which is great, but I'm so scared I won't lose anymore, and begin gaining again.

Basically, I'm looking for people who are going through, or have been through this themselves, for some extra motivation. 😁

Good luck all.

Replies

• flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    Feel free to add me - I haven't when though gastric surgery but I have been through the struggle of loosing weight, loosing the fight but hopping back in to do the best I can to be healthy. Good luck to you as well!
  • greatbrandini
    greatbrandini Posts: 1 Member
    I had mine Sept 1/19 with my BFF and am down about 75 lbs. Right around the one year mark, I discovered that I can eat more food volume and tolerate certain foods again, my friend as well. Got to say, I'm a bit nervous about this. Gewel, you are so RIGHT. It is a tool but not the ultimate fix..I still have addictions, and my biggest fear is that I will gain it all back. Back to basics I go. Journalling, finding other coping mechanisms.