Don't Judge😂.. These Salmon Patties are Great

Options
2»

Replies

• reesegrace1
    reesegrace1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If i eat salmon at all, i have to eat salmon patties from canned salmon. I cannot eat fresh salmon, i tried baking fresh salmon one time, it had too much of a fishy taste.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of salmon patties made from fresh or frozen salmon, but it does seem to be a waste of expensive fish.

What I've been making lately is fish cakes from "chowder fish" which Market Basket sells for $3 or $4 per pound. These are little odds and ends of fish which are perfect for fish chowder, which I detest, or fish cakes, which I like very much.

My recipe is in a cookbook, and I can't find it online, but I'm going to try this Thai fish cake recipe I found:

https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a30622495/thai-fish-cakes/

Note: 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste might be too much unless one is already a fan. I'd start with 1 teaspoon and work up to a tablespoon.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I've actually never had these...I was allergic to fish as a child (I'm not anymore), so I didn't grow up with them. I'm a big fan of crab cakes....I imagine these would be a similar texture? I like salmon, although never tried the canned version.

I think I'll give them a shot...what's a good sauce to serve them with? I usually make a yogurt-dill-lemon sauce for salmon. I imagine a spicy remoulade might be nice. Any other suggestions?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I made some last night for dinner. While they weren't bad, they weren't what I remember them being. :/
    Might sound silly but they were too salmony for my taste. I love salmon, liked salmon patties as a kid but this was just meh. Could it be the kind of canned salmon? I bought the cheapest. I added an egg, green peppers and onions, S&P.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I've actually never had these...I was allergic to fish as a child (I'm not anymore), so I didn't grow up with them. I'm a big fan of crab cakes....I imagine these would be a similar texture? I like salmon, although never tried the canned version.

I think I'll give them a shot...what's a good sauce to serve them with? I usually make a yogurt-dill-lemon sauce for salmon. I imagine a spicy remoulade might be nice. Any other suggestions?

Here a suggestion.

tcihbd1muadz.jpg

That looks really good...what's the sauce you use?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    So simple that even I can manage that. I don't usually buy canned salmon, but this sounds worth trying.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I've ever had salmon patties and I've shied away from buying canned salmon. I don't know why. I buy other canned fish but something about canned salmon seems weird to me. I love salmon so I might have to give this a try. That's why I love MFP - opening up my horizons and such.
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don't judge this.. 😂😂... You have to like Canned Salmon to appreciate this meal.. Healthy Salmon Patties with okra and tomatoes over cauliflower rice.

The salmon patties are pure protein.. Two patties have 237 Calories and 37 grams of protein.

I mix two strained cans of salmon with 3 eggs..Salt and Pepper or Ms. Dash.. And I pan sear them with olive oil cooking spray... Mine made 8 patties.fnaiv7refjw2.jpeg

That looks good. I'll have to try this. Are you using pink or red salmon?
  • DonnasJourney0805
    DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's amazing..looks really great 😁
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Those look Amazing 😁
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options
    ZenDream wrote: »
    Don't judge this.. 😂😂... You have to like Canned Salmon to appreciate this meal.. Healthy Salmon Patties with okra and tomatoes over cauliflower rice.

The salmon patties are pure protein.. Two patties have 237 Calories and 37 grams of protein.

I mix two strained cans of salmon with 3 eggs..Salt and Pepper or Ms. Dash.. And I pan sear them with olive oil cooking spray... Mine made 8 patties.fnaiv7refjw2.jpeg

That looks good. I'll have to try this. Are you using pink or red salmon?

I use pink....
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options

Here a suggestion.

tcihbd1muadz.jpg

Now that looks delicious 🙌
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Inspired meal prepping done. I made 10 patties with 9 ingredients which makes for 1 happy lady thanks for all the advice in this thread. I then froze them immediately for the afternoon. They're now packed in groups of two.

Only 109 calories/patty (with 12 grams of protein). Which ingredients?

* 418 g, wild pink salmon
    * 4 cloves, garlic (roasted)
    * 1.5 cup, chopped, red onion (roasted)
    * 100 g, Spinach
    * 1 tablespoon, Lemon Juice
    * 2 tsp, hot sauce
    * 1 ounce, rose harissa
    * 56 gram, patent barley flour
    * 2 eggs

t5428marqb8e.jpg

Those look Amazing 😁
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    what are rose harissa and patent barley flour?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    rihvxw2xlmuv.jpg
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with canned salmon. I use them for burgers all the time. Great to have on hand along with tuna or sardines.
    I agree totally 😬

I love salmon patties
  • Olgaukr83
    Olgaukr83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Thank you for sharing. I love Costco canned salmon, and normally just eat it out of a can. Will try to make it soon and will add some dill too.

• tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love the okra and tomatoes. The cauliflower has fewer calories but I like mine over brown rice.