Photography

Options
_LION_
_LION_ Posts: 57 Member
Is there any budding photographers that could give me advice on beginner digital SLR cameras?

I am a novice however would like a decent camera. ?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm told the Powershot is pretty good. Certainly a less expensive option. I use a Canon Ti series. I think they're up to version 7. I like mine, it works pretty well (older, now). They are pricey but not extremely so. Nikon D series looks pretty good-- much more expensive, though. Just depends on what you want, skills and how you'll use it.
  • _LION_
    Options
    I'm told the Powershot is pretty good. Certainly a less expensive option. I use a Canon Ti series. I think they're up to version 7. I like mine, it works pretty well (older, now). They are pricey but not extremely so. Nikon D series looks pretty good-- much more expensive, though. Just depends on what you want, skills and how you'll use it.

Thanks for feedback.

I've been looking the Nikon D series . As you say bit more expensive but if I get a decent camera hopefully it will last.

Just don't want to get something above my head.

Mostly I'm keen on architecture and nature and sporting events.

Would like to get out hiking and snapping photos. So I will be burning calories while out.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Brands are personal preference.. each have pros and cons..

If you're new and have money.. get the middle range models..

Had canon rebel and now on nikon d90 (old model)

Currently thinking about upgrading to full frame mirrorless camera in the future.

My 2 cents.
  • _LION_
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Brands are personal preference.. each have pros and cons..

If you're new and have money.. get the middle range models..

Had canon rebel and now on nikon d90 (old model)

Currently thinking about upgrading to full frame mirrorless camera in the future.

My 2 cents.

Thanks.

I think I could get a mid range price.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    d3400 is a good starter one. usually pretty easy to get a package deal with two lenses in it as well if you look around.
  • lx1x
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    d3400 is a good starter one. usually pretty easy to get a package deal with two lenses in it as well if you look around.

Only thing I don't like about package deals. Lens that comes with it.. it works but meh quality.. they typically give you their cheapest lens.

Lens is where you need to spend money on.
  • _LION_
    Options
    As I say, mostly I'm looking to take pictures of old buildings and shops to have as a sort of recollection as times move on. Then also for sport events I attend.
  • lx1x
    Options
    _LION_ wrote: »
    As I say, mostly I'm looking to take pictures of old buildings and shops to have as a sort of recollection as times move on. Then also for sport events I attend.

Check out the d7500 .. they are decent cameras.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?InitialSearch=yes&N=0&Ntt=D7500&ap=Y&gclid=CjwKCAjw_qb3BRAVEiwAvwq6Vh7W-ceJY36Y_PMdffHznDD4B4eNGMDr38r2JTTInnfxD_f54eNu-hoCU-EQAvD_BwE
  • _LION_
    Options
    Such a big selection.
  • Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don’t buy new is my view - try mod.com 👍