Slow Weight Loss

Options
Hi Everyone,

Just after a little advice please....

I started logging on here again 12 weeks ago. SW 246, CW 225. I am doing at least 30 mins cardio a day - 7 days per week and have a calorie burn goal of 1000 cals per day on my watch, which I hit every day.

I am currently eating around 1300 calories but the weight seems to be coming off really slowly in the last month. I don’t consume the calories burnt through exercise - I don’t log them on MFP so that I’m not tempted to overeat. I am really happy with my weight loss so far, but at my weight I would be expecting it to be coming off a little quicker?

I would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You eat 1300 and burn 1,000 so you're only netting 300 calories a day?
  • NicWragg
    NicWragg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, if my watch is accurate. I do the Fiit cardio classes and they burn between 300-450 a time. The rest of the burn is walking etc. Is a net of 300 too low?
  • harper16
    Options
    NicWragg wrote: »
    Yes, if my watch is accurate. I do the Fiit cardio classes and they burn between 300-450 a time. The rest of the burn is walking etc. Is a net of 300 too low?

The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 calories a day.
    The minimum a sedentary male should be eating is 1500 calories a day.

And you should be eating back your exercise calories.

1,000 calories seems to high for the exercise you are doing.

Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat?

300 calories a day is both dangerous and unhealthy.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    You eat 1300 and burn 1,000 so you're only netting 300 calories a day?

Yeah, that struck me too.

What are those 1000 calories burned? Exercise calories? Or active calories (meaning the calories burned on top of your BMR) ?
    In any case, it seems like you are eating way too little, on condition that you are logging your food correctly. Are you weighing everything you consume and making sure you are using correct entries in the food database?

I weighed less than you when I started my weight loss and I was losing weight at 1700 calories a day PLUS eating back my exercise calories. But I had my weight loss rate set at a less aggressive rate.
  • NicWragg
    Options
    They are active calories I think. Total cals burned for the day are 3400, so assume that my BMR rate is 2400ish.

I am weighing all of my food inc fruit portions and ensuring I have the correct entries. I am struggling to eat more calories without going over sugar/carb intake recommendations.

Thank you for both for replying.
  • harper16
    Options
    NicWragg wrote: »
    They are active calories I think. Total cals burned for the day are 3400, so assume that my BMR rate is 2400ish.

I am weighing all of my food inc fruit portions and ensuring I have the correct entries. I am struggling to eat more calories without going over sugar/carb intake recommendations.

Thank you for both for replying.

Unless you have a medical reason, focus on eating the correct calories, and don't worry about macros for now. You need to properly fuel your body, and that includes your heart. 300 calories a day isn't going to do that.

I'm 5'7 starting weight was 225 and I'm losing an average 1 lb a week eating almost 1600 calories a day.
  • NicWragg
    Options
    Ok, thank you. I don’t have any medical issues so will try and increase my intake and hopefully start seeing results again.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tfqsfda76pic.png
    Hope this helps...
  • NicWragg
    Options
    Thank you all