Office exercise?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not expecting much of an answer here but just wondered if anyone else here has any ideas of how i can move more when i'm at work? I sadly have a desk job, working 0900hrs to 1730hrs with very little movement unless it's to the printer/fax machine or the bathroom.

Any advise? :)

Replies

• CarneyBoyz
    Options
    I keep a resistance band at work and slip in some reps whenever possible. Also, never take the elevator, always use the stairs. Hydrate well and that will increase your trips to the bathroom as well.
  • cbrister07
    cbrister07 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job as well. I try to walk around a bit to stay active. Also, we are in a 3 floor building so I often take the stairs instead of the elevator.
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A few things I do are taking the stairs instead of the lifts where possible. Go for a walk at lunchtime to stretch your legs, 20 mins of fresh air will do you good. Try not to snack.
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Try replacing your chair with a workout ball...that will make you engage your core more while you're doing your job!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am always taking the long way around to the water cooler. I drink a lot of water, so I end up having to run upstairs to the ladies' room quite a bit. While I'm there, behind closed doors, I will do wall "push-ups", squats, lunges, plié squats...

I will also walk to deliver a message, instead of call or email.

I still consider myself "sedentary", but every little bit helps.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My daughters suggested bringing an exercise ball to the office, and spend some time sitting on that while working. I'm considering it, as I need to work on my core. Would be embarrassing as hell to just fall off in front of the other folks here!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Try replacing your chair with a workout ball...that will make you engage your core more while you're doing your job!

I guess I should read the other posts before replying!! *embarrassed*

Thanks, Prettylyzard!! - with your suggestion and not just listening to my 17 & 15 y/olds, I'm gonna do it!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair, you will work your abs all day. Do stretches several times a day of your neck and upper back. You can also work your feet with a tennis ball.
  • RKORTON
    Options
    I have an aerobic pedal exerciser under my desk at work. $25 at Walmart or Target.
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Thanks for the advise guys

I know i'm defeating myself when i say this but my work has 11 floors and i'm on the very top, i once had to use the stairs for a whole week and practically died around floor 4, its very difficult. I have however been getting off 2-3 floors earlier then taking the stairs just to get some more movement.

I always walk down them quickly when going for lunch and i always take my lunch out with me for a walk (unless its bad weather outside)