C25K - start weights

lenwie
lenwie Posts: 240
edited October 2 in Fitness and Exercise
Am very interested in starting the C25K system, havent run since being in school, loved cross country and 100m sprint. Was wondering :bigsmile: those of you that have had success with the programme what your start weights were? Im 260lbs and am worried about joint issues and sore back, oh and have H for huge boobs :blushing: what your experiences been like. cheers x

Replies

• hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    I'm interested in this too, and finishing weights! I'm in week 4, and I started at 193. I'm currently 189.
  • I just started again today (@215, was rough). I had done it over a year ago, made it to week 4 and couldn't keep up with the runs without feeling like I was going to fall over!! I weighed 197 then.. I wasn't losing while running, I know it's because I had a lousy diet :(

It's an amazing program though! My bf made it to the end, and he had never ran before, so it def works!! Good luck to you!!
  • It works awesome. Go for it. My start weight when trying it was 220. Your best bet is to go with what your body can handle. I found it to be easy in the beginning but it quickly amps up I did week 3 twice. As fars as H for huge boobs go double up on the sports bra. or try an ace wrap?
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Love the program. On week 6 now and I want to run everyday. (Although, right now I am sticking to the program.)
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    I started at 196lbs, its hard, really hard. I am taking my time. I did week 1 a couple of times, week 2 I did ok, but yesterday I started week 3 and I am going to have to do Day 1 of Week 3 again.
  • Fochizzy
    Oh and I have DDs not as large as you but the key is getting the right bra!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Thanks guys x well done on all your good work, think I will be doing longer that 9 weeks maybe double up the weeks and take my time.
  • Fochizzy
    Totally the way to go!
This discussion has been closed.