I need a Drill Sergeant .. I think !!

Options
carbizgal
carbizgal Posts: 5 Member

I had a sports injury, can’t move like I used to.
It’s time for my 50lbs of depression weight to go.
I could always “make weight” for my sport but I have never had to lose weight.
Woman/52

Replies

• ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lol at the heading...welcome to the gotta do better than this club. Yes, finding motivation is key.
  • carbizgal
    Options
    Looking around for motivators. Someone feel free to throw me a haymaker !!
  • carbizgal
    Options
    It will take over a year? Shocked, but I won’t quit !!
  • carbizgal
    Options
    I am a sugar addict. I’ve been completely off sugar for 3 days. Constant headache and tired. I get the shakes a few times a day, but it is getting better.
  • robynmac5414
    robynmac5414 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    carbizgal wrote: »

For 50 lbs healthy weight loss is 1.5 lbs a week. Til you get to 40 lbs, and it drops to 1 lb a week. 20 lbs and under it's .5 lbs a week. The best weight loss is slow and steady.
    You got this. I'm trying to lose 90 lbs total. Down 25 just by being accountable to myself, and following the great advice from people in this community.

I’m 5’2”, started at 190 lbs. Goal weight 120-125. I have my settings at 2 lbs a week. I planned to drop it down to 1-1.5 lbs a week once I reach 150 lb. I started on april 21st, so it’s been 81 days and I’m at 158. Am I being too aggressive? Should I change my plan and how/to what?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options

For 50 lbs healthy weight loss is 1.5 lbs a week. Til you get to 40 lbs, and it drops to 1 lb a week. 20 lbs and under it's .5 lbs a week. The best weight loss is slow and steady.
    You got this. I'm trying to lose 90 lbs total. Down 25 just by being accountable to myself, and following the great advice from people in this community.

I’m 5’2”, started at 190 lbs. Goal weight 120-125. I have my settings at 2 lbs a week. I planned to drop it down to 1-1.5 lbs a week once I reach 150 lb. I started on april 21st, so it’s been 81 days and I’m at 158. Am I being too aggressive? Should I change my plan and how/to what?

It sounds like you're doing great! Guidelines are a very helpful starting point, but they don't substitute for discerning what works best for you. If you start feeling run down and tired (including mentally run down), reevaluate your deficit and try a slower rate of loss. Personally, I find a "maintenance break" after 10-12 weeks really helps physically and mentally. Yes, everyone should lower that deficit as BF% gets lower. My generic expectation would be you will feel best lowering your rate of loss to 1lb/wk when you hit 150lb (or sooner), and then to 0.5lb/wk at around 135 lb (or sooner). That's just spit balling, though. Experiment and adjust based on how you feel. And keep up the good work!
  • robynmac5414
    robynmac5414 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

It sounds like you're doing great! Guidelines are a very helpful starting point, but they don't substitute for discerning what works best for you. If you start feeling run down and tired (including mentally run down), reevaluate your deficit and try a slower rate of loss. Personally, I find a "maintenance break" after 10-12 weeks really helps physically and mentally. Yes, everyone should lower that deficit as BF% gets lower. My generic expectation would be you will feel best lowering your rate of loss to 1lb/wk when you hit 150lb (or sooner), and then to 0.5lb/wk at around 135 lb (or sooner). That's just spit balling, though. Experiment and adjust based on how you feel. And keep up the good work!

So far I feel great, other than in the mornings after I’ve walked but before I’ve eaten breakfast. I’ve had to lose close to this amount of weight before(4 years ago). I slowed it down somewhere around 145-150 lbs last time. Then at 130. But I never worked in any maintenance weeks. Honestly maintenance will probably be the real challenge for me, it was part of the reason I got way back up plus 7 pounds. The part not dealing well with some major stresses and upset in my life. I tend to be an all or nothing person; I’ve got to find my balance. I have been wanting to add in maintenance weeks but wanted to wait till I was down in a weight range that was much more comfortable for me health and energy wise. But I’ve also been nervous to do a maintenance and then I snowball again/fall off wagon. Also, How do I determine what my maintenance is?