Running Shoes for Plantars Fasciitis & high arches???

Options
Podiatrist had told me that since I have both Plantars Fasciitis and high arches, I should have shoes that:

~ have high stability rather than cushion

~ accommodate the inserts (a higher heel back)

~ bend naturally where the forefoot bends

~ doesn't twist easily when taken in 2 hands and try to twist

Since we no longer have the insurance that allows me to go to the podiatrist, I can't ask this question to them...

What kinds am I looking for????

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

:flowerforyou: ~ Sonia

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Go to a running shoe store and they should be able to help you.
  • wykline
    Options
    Sonia,

I have similar feet and have been very happy running in Brooks. There are a lot of different kinds of Brooks but a running store can help (for free). I have also run in Saucony, but did not have as much luck with them. Brooks are worth every penny!

Good Running!
    Fran
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep, go to a running store and get fitted, they watch you run and walk, measure your foot and your arch, since you already know your condition that should help them narrow it down for ya. I got fitted in April with some Asics but had three other brands to choose from, so go see what they recommend!
  • cswinney36
    Options
    I like my Asics Gel Kayano. Also, you MUST make time to stretch properly after every exercise session. That one thing resolved my plantar fasciitis - yes it took a period of a couple months but it made all the difference in the world. A dedicated focus on stretching was the key to many of my aches and pains from exercise - and it really doesn't take long afterwards.