I've been doing 30 day shred for months and Lvl 1 still kill

Options
ok, it doesn't kill me as bad as when I first started. I can walk the next day which is an improvement but I've been doing it for three months and it's not often I manage the whole thing. I normally stop the lateral raises thing a bit early as my arms are killing, same for the biceps curl. I seem to be ok with the aerobic sections and abs sections.

I don't do it every day but 2 or 3 times a week. I like to balance it out with zumba and cycling.

I can't imagine stepping up a level. Do I just do it or do I need to keep with Lvl 1 a bit longer?

Thanks

Replies

• snc1019
    snc1019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Bite the bullet and move up - YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kdelost630
    Options
    I say just do it. The levels are so different and work different muscles, so maybe the next level will be easier for you. Honestly, Level 3 was the easiest for me. Also, have you thought about lowering your weights? You might get through the arms exercises easier that way! Good luck!
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 9 and have done it everyday... except yesterday... but I found doing it daily made it that much easier.... I do still struggle with the arm raises - but that to is getting a little easier (still REALLY TOUGH, but easier!)

A little scared to move onto Level 2 on Thursday .....

Not sure if skipping days makes it harder??
  • areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was scared to move to Lvl 2 because 1 was still a bit difficult for me, but when i did Level 2 seemed easier for some reason. go for it!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I agree. I didn't think level 2 and 3 were necessarily harder, just different. And those lateral arm raises hurt me every time!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Do it! Move up! It will be hard at first but it will get easier and you will get stronger and leaner
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You'll never know what you CAN do unless you try. Go for it.
  • Vivalebeaver
    Vivalebeaver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, you've convinced me. Will do Lvl 2 on Thursday!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just head on up to level 2.
  • enathurn
    enathurn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should go up. Your body grows accustomed to the same exercises and therein lies the rut we fall into. As Jillian says, "you put stress on your body, your body's going to adapt." In my opinion, level 2 has been quite difficult for me. This level focuses more on planks. And heavens, I curse her during those V Squats. Jillian knows what she's doing. Follow Anita too! Be warned, you will be sore.