Mini goals?

Options
Is there a way to set mini goals on MFP? Or does anyone know of an app like that? I don’t want to change my end goal weight but I think it might be nice to see how close I’m getting to my mini goals.

Thanks!

Replies

• KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Dont know of any apps, but i once seen a girl post this rainbow bubble path on a piece of paper or something similar, it had goals in 5lbs measurements and she would color in each bubble as she hit them. Kept it on her fridge
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I could try that. Pity there’s not a nifty app or something to send encouragements and keep track.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I see a great idea for an app. Yes?
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Use the Happy Scale app on your phone! I use mine and it gives me mini-goals of 5 pounds, and you can see your progress as you go. It's very motivating! Plus, when you record your daily weight it makes a graph that is the trending average so you see a nice gentle curve. I like that graph better than the one MFP generates, which is all spiky and makes any weight gain look like a disastrous failure in comparison.

Thank you! That’s just about perfect.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Use the Happy Scale app on your phone! I use mine and it gives me mini-goals of 5 pounds, and you can see your progress as you go. It's very motivating! Plus, when you record your daily weight it makes a graph that is the trending average so you see a nice gentle curve. I like that graph better than the one MFP generates, which is all spiky and makes any weight gain look like a disastrous failure in comparison.

Agreed with this. I put so many mini goals in there they're just under 3lbs apart.

For discussing and celebrating reaching those mini goals, I highly recommend this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10297709/what-mini-goal-is-motivating-you-right-now#latest

I find it pretty inspiring and get lots of ideas from the different kinds of mini goals people set.