Need advise from people who have lost 100 + in a year

Options
I started this journey in January and I've lost almost 60lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 145, about 40 lbs less than where I am now. I would really like to drop those last 40 by the end of the year. It isn't a HAVE TO, but it would just be nice. I want to run another half marathon and full marathon, as well as a triathalon next year so it would be great to not have the extra weight to carry around.

What I am struggling with most is that this seems like it it is going to be an up hill battle. I will need to lose about 10-12lbs a month during the holiday season and considering it is my LAST little bit.... I know that is the hardest to come off.

I would love any advise, encouragement, friend requests from anyone who has lost that much in a year!!

Thank you!!

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crazynay96
    Options
    I'll be following as well as I'll be doing the same thing!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but... interested to find out if anyone else does. I'm in the same boat as you. I started in March, have lost just shy of 50lbs, with a goal of 80lb lost by EOY... and 100lbs by my 1 year mark. I'd like to know what to do also... to be successful.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Another one who would love to know how you've done it. (and links to B&A photos!)
  • heidiscool
    Options
    I lost 100 in about 10 months (June - March) but am now stuck trying to lose the last 48. I keep yo yoing up 10 and back down. The first 100 came off pretty easy. I love to exercise and do an hour each day - cardio 5 days a week and strength two days a week. I plan to add in one more day of strength. As far as food, I just kept to a very basic plan - 4 ozs of lean protein for lunch and dinner (mainly chicken and fish), ff greek yogurt at lunch, kashi cereal with low fat milk and one fruit for breakfast, veggies all the time, a protein bar for a snack. As I lost weight I gradually allowed myself treats like skinny cow or ff frozen yogurt. I think my main problem now is one of the mind. I need to refocus and stop sabotaging myself. As for before and after photos, they are in my profile. I'm not sure how to add them here.

As far as advice for you - don't focus on the short term, realize it is a long term lifestyle change. Otherwise you will get hung up if you haven't lost anything for a few weeks. Sometimes your body just does that. Also, don't forget strength training. As they constantly state on weight loss shows and as any personal trainer will tell you, the more lean muscle you have on your body, the faster your metabolism burns calories. It also makes you look better, helps you drop clothing sizes quicker and you will have less loose flabby skin. When it comes to cardio, I do about an hour of interval training which means I vary my heart rate. I stay in the fat burning zone most of the time and do about 10% of my time in the cardio zone. You can get the zones for you by googling heart rate calculator. You should also vary your cardio exercise. The body gets used to it and doesn't work as hard if you do the same thing every day. I use the treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical. I took a zumba class once and would like to do that again. I am also going to start taking a spinning class.