What’s your favorite healthy snack?

Options
I have a fierce sweet tooth so I’ve been having strawberries, blueberries and light whipped cream as my guilty pleasure before bed. The light whipped cream is like 20 calories for 2 tbsp. I even put cinnamon on top to make me feel like I’m really doing something. Lol. What are some healthy things you all treat yourselves to?

Replies

• asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Fruit, not else on it, just fruit, any but citrus since it makes me ill. I'd rather melon or berries over cake any day. I've always been a fruit bat. At work I keep salt water taffies. Three is 60 cal so easy to fit in to the day when I need a pick me up.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Ice cream when it fits in my calorie goal for the day/week (which it does most of the time :p ).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Ice cream when it fits in my calorie goal for the day/week (which it does most of the time :p ).

This^^ or chocolate!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

This^^ or chocolate!

Chocolate ice cream! :D
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Low fat chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar once a week or Outshine brand 60cal fruit popsicles. My fav snack on most days is apples & peanut butter, or mixed nuts w dried cranberries, or pistachio snacking while watching tv. Your strawberries & whip cream sound delicious.
  • higginsl1969
    higginsl1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a fierce sweet tooth so I’ve been having strawberries, blueberries and light whipped cream as my guilty pleasure before bed. The light whipped cream is like 20 calories for 2 tbsp. I even put cinnamon on top to make me feel like I’m really doing something. Lol. What are some healthy things you all treat yourselves to?

I have to say, Jell-O yogurt bowls are the bomb! I use this low calorie treat as my dessert. Take Sugar-free Jell-O, (I usually choose strawberry), add a Greek yogurt (I do the 80 calorie Light and Fit, usually strawberry or strawberry cheesecake), cut up fresh strawberries, and sugar free whipped cream on top. Sometimes I’ll add sprinkles or chocolate chips. It’s super yummy and if you’re looking for a little extra protein the yogurt will help you hit those goals. You could also do a version of this with sugar free pudding as well. My afternoon “go to” snack is a cheddar or tomato & basil rice cake with pepper jack laughing cow cheese and a slice of turkey or roast beef. Pretzels and Jiff Whip peanut butter is good too.
    Now I’m hungry....
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fresh fruit (usually blueberries or strawberries)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Although I love sweets they just make me want more so my totally satisfying treat is grilled chicken strips. I have a bag of them in the freezer. It takes just a minute to nuke them warm. Yummy and filling for 100 calories or so.
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Full fat organic grass fed yogurt and organic frozen blueberries, with a little cinnamon. I look forward to it every night.
  • Marisela170
    Marisela170 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recently found this recipe for energy balls on Pinterest and I love them. They’re super filling so I can eat about 3 of them before I’m full