2 Months - Down 15lbs is this normal???

Options
Well hello. This is my first post on here and I don't know if anyone will read this but I will give it a chance. I have been on a weight-loss quest since July 11, 2011. I have lost 15lbs so far and I am not sure if this is a normal rate. When I usually diet, I lose 15lbs in 1 month, let alone in 2! I am just wondering if this is normal and what should I do to speed this process up. I guess I am feeling restless... =(

Replies

• willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    15lbs in 2 months is pretty good. You don't want to go too fast because then its harder to maintain. Keep doing what you're doing cause that's great!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That is perfect. You are averaging about 2 pounds a week which is exactly what you should be averaging - at the high end actually. Losing any more than that per week puts you at risk of gaining back because you are doing something "short term" or losing muscle. You said it yourself "when I dieted before" You don't ever want to have to lose weight again - you are changing how you eat forever.

You are doing fantastic!! Keep it up.
  • brookiefbabyy
    Options
    to me that sounds like a good, realistic pace that you can stick with. i lose 4 pounds a month if im lucky! It doesnt sound like a lot at first, but if you continue this way, you will be dropping a lot of weight in no time! keep it up! :)
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I only lose about 2 pounds a week...so that's only 8 pounds a month. I think you are right on time! You don't want to lose the weight too fast and risk losing muscle mass rather than just extra fat. Keep up the good work, though. I think you should be very proud of your results so far!
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can't. You didn't put it on over night, you won't lose it over night. You got a nice pace going on.

Dedication and discipline!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sounds very reasonable and sensible to me! Continued success!
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's an average of 1.8 lbs/week.....that's excellent!!!!! Keep it up :) you're doing a great job
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    There really isn't any 'normal' with this process. What works well for one person may not work at all for another. Just do the best you can with your eating and logging everything to the best of your ability. Exercise when you can and drink water. It will work for you, just give it time :flowerforyou:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a quick fix if you want to maintain it. The suggested rate is 1 - 2 lbs/ week. So that's 4-8lbs in a month. You are right in line with the suggested amount, you should be happy with your success.

Ashley
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think that's great!!! The longer it takes you, the more likely you are to keep the weight off!
  • runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was always under the understanding that 2 pounds per week is a good goal. I look at this way - any loss is good.
  • Meghan90795
    Options
    I have lost 16 pounds in a little over a month and a half. I work out five days a week burning at least 300-400 cal and eat 1600 calories a day. so i think your doing great :)
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    From everything I've ever read, anything more than 2 lbs a week is not healthy.

Sounds like you're doing things right this time. Keep up the good work.
  • Vogue126
    Vogue126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's actually quite enviable -- I'd love to lose 15 lbs. in 2 months. It's because you're doing right that it takes longer to come off but it does actually stay off more easily. Great work -- really fantastic!:smile:
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have been here 9 weeks and have lost 15 pounds, so I think it is kind of in the normal range
    good luck :flowerforyou:
  • trinychong
    Options
    I'd like to thank everyone for their responses. You words have been inspiring and just what I needed to keep in track. I will keep updating everyone with my progress! =D