Calling all the UNDER 5 feet girls here..

Options
So I saw a post of calling the 5 feet something girls and thought I wish and sighed.

I am under 5 feet. Some where between 4.10'' - 4.11''
I am 30 years old.
And about 112 lbs.
I want to lose 12 -15 lbs and be around 97-100 lbs.
Even if I eat 1200 calories, I won't have more than 150 calories deficit and that will decrease too with time.

Hope to get friends around here to support and motivate each other. Its going to be a looooooong journey.

Replies

• mrsannamull
    mrsannamull Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10.5 . 30 years old next week.
    Current weight is 119. Goal weight is 105.

I get so jealous when I see people logging the same exercise but burn twice the calories.
  • Tinychick0206
    Tinychick0206 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I saw your post and My name is Christine. I am 4'9 and I am 105 pounds and want to be 95 or 90 pounds. I try tk stay with 1200 calories but that is tough. I have a samsung active 2 that I got a week ago and it motivates me for a little bit. I want to get support and motivation also. Let me know if you would like to
  • threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @mrsannamull haha, I used to get jealous too. But with time I made amends with the fact that I am small and I require less energy. It took time though.

@Tinychick0206 I really like your user name. :) If I am making my food, 1200 does not seem that low. It is difficult when I am eating out though. I think what's helping me is that I am watching a lot of youtube videos of a few people and I have noticed how leaner they have gotten over the years. So keeping at what they are doing has paid off/is paying off. If they can do it, why can I not. Why can we not, right? Lets support each other being consistent.
  • Dailly13
    Dailly13 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 4ft 11.5in weight 103lbs would like to loose a few more pounds but seem to be stuck at this weight. It's difficult when we are this height cause every pound gained really shows on us. I often pass similarly short people on the street and think! Do I really look that short 😂. Still it not all that bad really. Although I wouldn't mind being a few inches taller. Good luck on your journey. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly
  • shrtncute
    shrtncute Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 51. I am 4'7 and weigh 157 (waaay too much for this small frame). I am looking to lose 40 lbs. If I lose any more than that I feel as though I may look sickly instead of healthy. I'm on here for motivation and meet new people. Is anyone from NC?
  • vedrankatal4166
    vedrankatal4166 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Why would u not have more than 150 calorie deficit? 1 hour of walking makes u burn around 200 calories. Eating low calorie high density foods helps u stay full and meet your macros. Maybe u can even eat under 1200 calories with proper plan. If not, exercise a bit more and u should be good. It is really simple, stay in deficit and u will lose weight, doesnt matter if its daily/weekly/monthly or yearly deficit.

*edited by MFP volunteer moderator
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Why would u not have more than 150 calorie deficit? 1 hour of walking makes u burn around 200 calories. Eating low calorie high density foods helps u stay full and meet your macros. Maybe u can even eat under 1200 calories with proper plan. If not, exercise a bit more and u should be good. It is really simple, stay in deficit and u will lose weight, doesnt matter if its daily/weekly/monthly or yearly deficit. For any help/advice/information feel free to DM me :)

MFP is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories, and the minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 calories a day.
  • vedrankatal4166
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As long as u hit ur macros for ur goal,size and weight, dont feel hunger and have enough energy u dont need to be pushing this suggested minimum of 1200 calories. But as i said before if under 1200 is not enough just exercise more and all good. And MFP is not designed to eat back ur exercise but to track ur calories intake. Depending on ur goal u should be eating less then u burn to lose weight and other way round to gain.
  • ChickenTendy01
    ChickenTendy01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and bigger than i have ever been. I always felt my best around 125 lbs to 130 lbs. i weigh 187 lbs now. I have gained a lot of muscle over the past 4 years of lifting, hitt , yoga , karate, mma. I am pretty frustrate with all my hard work i have put in im worse than when i began. I haven't ate healthy though. I also quit smoking and drinking recently which doesn't help. I was intermittent fasting then binge eating. I am now eating a healthy steady 350 to 500 calories trying to total 1900 at the moment i am usually around 2400. Does this sound like a good plan? im struggling friends
  • vedrankatal4166
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Stoping to drink actually helps, you should be only eating your calories and not drinking them, if u drink calories as well and not count them, there could be your problem. It doesnt really matter how many calories u eat as long as u exercise enough to stay in the deficit. Low calorie dense foods help with that.

*edited by MFP volunteer moderator
  • harper16
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As long as u hit ur macros for ur goal,size and weight, dont feel hunger and have enough energy u dont need to be pushing this suggested minimum of 1200 calories. But as i said before if under 1200 is not enough just exercise more and all good. And MFP is not designed to eat back ur exercise but to track ur calories intake. Depending on ur goal u should be eating less then u burn to lose weight and other way round to gain.

MFP is set for calories- food+ exercise. So, yes it's designed for you to eat back your exercise calories. If someone's calorie goal is 1200 and they burn an additional 300. They eat back the 300. They don't net 900 calories for the day.
  • vedrankatal4166
    Options
    Why would u eat back more then u burn if u wanna lose weight?
  • harper16
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Why would u eat back more then u burn if u wanna lose weight?

So, you think netting 900 calories a day is healthy? Mfp creates the deficit before the added exercise. That's why mfp is set for you to eat back your exercise calories. Again for my own example I'm set to lose 1 lb a week. (That's healthy weight loss for me.) I'm set at around 1400 calories a day. If I were to exercise and burned 300 calories that leave me at a net 1100 calories for the day. Eating that little isn't healthy, will likely lead to muscle loss, and after time won't be enough to fuel your most important muscle your heart.
  • vedrankatal4166
    Options
    No what i wanted to say is more like. U should eat 1800 calories a day and burn 1850 a day and u will be in a deficit to lose 1 lb a week. Or if u eat less burn less. This is why i use mfp only to see aprox how many calories my meals have. Even tho its not 100% accurate.
  • harper16
    Options
    No what i wanted to say is more like. U should eat 1800 calories a day and burn 1850 a day and u will be in a deficit to lose 1 lb a week. Or if u eat less burn less. This is why i use mfp only to see aprox how many calories my meals have. Even tho its not 100% accurate.

If you eat 1800 calories and burn 1850 you'd only be netting 50 calories for the day. If you use a food scale and are accurate with your logging your calorie counts will be accurate. They won't be if you simply guess and use random entries.
  • vedrankatal4166
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Exactly what i said :) dont get why u disagree haha. Even tho i miss 1x0 in the counting. U need to burn 2300 if u eat 1800 to lose 1lb a week. Too much sun today.
  • harper16
    Options
    Exactly what i said :) dont get why u disagree haha.

So you think 50 calories a day is healthy?
  • harper16
    Options
    Exactly what i said :) dont get why u disagree haha. Even tho i miss 1x0 in the counting. U need to burn 2300 if u eat 1800 to lose 1lb a week. Too much sun today.

If you maintain your weight at 1800 calories a day. You'd lose 1 lb a week eating 1300 calories a day. Plus you'd eat back your exercise calories. I maintain my weight at 1944 calories a day. I'm losing 1 lb a week eating 1400+ calories a day.
  • vedrankatal4166
    edited July 2020
    Options
    50 calories deficit a day is nothing. U would maintain ur weight with it. U re talking in some reverse weird way. U can maintain ur weight eating 3000 cal a day if u burn the same amount. So idk what kind of calculator u use. Anyways this is not a thread for this kind of discussion. We went offtopic.
  • harper16
    Options
    50 calories deficit a day is nothing. U would maintain ur weight with it. U re talking in some reverse weird way. U can maintain ur weight eating 3000 cal a day if u burn the same amount. So idk what kind of calculator u use. Anyways this is not a thread for this kind of discussion. We went offtopic.

Good luck on your journey. You're going to need it.