Chips

Options
bdelaney33
bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
Can’t help it; chips are my weakness. I love them all (except for baked and kettle). The hungrier I get the more I think about them. Lol. That’s all.

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    No I can easily skip them.
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ah thought you were talking about chips not crisps 😆 was gonna give you loads of healthier ways you can cook them to save calories!
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    allycs85 wrote: »
    Ah thought you were talking about chips not crisps 😆 was gonna give you loads of healthier ways you can cook them to save calories!

Me too!

Love them both chips and crisps. And dips.
  • martinshanna
    martinshanna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great alternative and curbs the chip craving!
  • bdelaney33
    Options

I missed this...will try them out!; thanks. It's the salt for me; not a sweet's person at all.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

The Loaded Taco flavor are my go-to. I have a bag pretty much every day.
  • bdelaney33
    Options

I'll have to try them out. I don't think I've ever seen them though; where do you buy them? (Canada here..)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bdelaney33 wrote: »

I'll have to try them out. I don't think I've ever seen them though; where do you buy them? (Canada here..)

Amazon (US)
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato sliced super thin (don't need a mandolin if you have a sharp knife and a steady, careful hand) and baked with salt and whatever other spices you want until crispy. Kale de-stemmed and handled the same way. Seaweed crisps have a tiny amount of oil but are crunchy and flavorful and go about 30 calories a packet. And I didn't know shrimp chips could be done in the microwave, that's AMAZING.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I don't eat from the bag anymore. I get my serving and put the bag away.
    Then enjoy my chips.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Salt and vinegar pork rinds are a frequent post-ride craving for me (when savory vs sweet mood hits). The brand at the local bodega is actually surprisingly decent on calories and macros (more protein than fat and ~250 calories covers the larger than mini-single-serve-bags -- they must trim them a bit more than others, which also seems to remove the more-hard-as-a-rock- pieces as well). (Note: salt and vinegar pork rinds aren't particularly easy to find...I don't think Wegmans, our major supermarket, carries them - only found original and spicy/hot -eventually- tucked away in the end of the latin aisle).

I've also done sliced potatoes in the broiler or microwave with a spritz of spray oil and seasonings.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I like chips. My weakness is chips & salsa. Best handled at home by making salsa from diced tomatoes + seasoning and by setting out chips (1-2 oz depending) and putting the rest AWAY. I am hopeless if I have a big bowl of chips in front of me, especially at Tex-Mex places that keep bringing you more when the bowl gets empty. One advantage of not going to restaurants lol.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    We did a little experiment on potato chips. The first couple are fantastic. but the salt dulls the taste so you could eat raw apple slices and not know the difference after the first few. Also, popcorn mini-cakes sea salt variety is the best, are a good choice for less calorie dense salty snack.
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Chips are definitely my weakness. Chips, chips & salsa, chips and dip, chips and sour cream, sandwich and chips, fish and chips, pickle and chips, etc... I don't eat them all the time, but when I do its usually the whole bag. I don't eat any other junk food really, but that's my go to when I do. It's not too hard to keep them away since I'm tracking everything in MFP so my diet is really controlled right now. But, I still do indulge on the weekends on maintenance days.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My kryptonite :'( Bag of Tostitos and tub of hummus used to be my comfort food. Can’t keep either of those in the house at all.
  • xxxpopeyexxx
    xxxpopeyexxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    another vote for pork rinds. low carb and high protein.

https://www.lifeaftercarbs.com/junk-food-smack-down-pork-rinds-vs-potato-chips/
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    bdelaney33 wrote: »

Try local Indian/Asian supermarkets or here in Australia you can buy them in the supermarkets.. just different brands to what acpgee showed. I've been making them in the microwave forever too. Works great and you don't need a drop of oil. Pretty healthy really.