Time for an off meal!

Options
lgfrie
lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
Wife and I decided we were overdue for a serious no-counting off meal and made a stash of sushi tonight :) Things they won't serve you in a sushi restaurant, like filet mignon sushi. And lox-cream cheese-egg sushi LOL. But we also made the traditional shrimp tempura sushi, because why not. Didn't quite get to the end of it, but close ...

k2qu30mbzr34.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You’re gonna need more wasabi!
  • Someonerandom1
    Someonerandom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuum!!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    You’re gonna need more wasabi!

If anybody ever decides to remake "Jaws," they should replace the "We're going to need a bigger boat" line with "We're going to need more wasabi."

And am I the only who's curious about the three plates for "Wife and I"?
  • globalc00
    globalc00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you wouldn't count the calories if your making it at home. There are only a few ingredients and you can weigh it all out before you make it. Save the free meals for when you are not preparing your own food!!!

Even when I went out for sushi last weekend for my meal off, I found that counting sushi was rather easy. It was a conveyor belt sushi and I ate mostly nigiri, because that is what I like. Yes, taking a food scale to a restaurant may seem extreme, but I wanted an idea of how much I ate when I wasn't restricting my self, meaning I ate till I was full. All i had to do was take the sushi off to get the weight of the rice, then put the sushi back to get the weight of the fish. In the end, i just had to get the nutrition facts for the types of sushi i ate and sushi rice. To my surprise, I actually didn't eat that many more calories than my typical meal and I concluded i can go out to sushi without having to count it as a "cheat" meal as it was well within my calories.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    globalc00 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why you wouldn't count the calories if your making it at home. There are only a few ingredients and you can weigh it all out before you make it. Save the free meals for when you are not preparing your own food!!!

Even when I went out for sushi last weekend for my meal off, I found that counting sushi was rather easy. It was a conveyor belt sushi and I ate mostly nigiri, because that is what I like. Yes, taking a food scale to a restaurant may seem extreme, but I wanted an idea of how much I ate when I wasn't restricting my self, meaning I ate till I was full. All i had to do was take the sushi off to get the weight of the rice, then put the sushi back to get the weight of the fish. In the end, i just had to get the nutrition facts for the types of sushi i ate and sushi rice. To my surprise, I actually didn't eat that many more calories than my typical meal and I concluded i can go out to sushi without having to count it as a "cheat" meal as it was well within my calories.

I think it’s important to have off days for some people. Even if they go over it’s not like they can’t get it back on track quickly.
  • globalc00
    globalc00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Being able to stick to your diet that is working for you is all that matters. Keep it up.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It looks amazing! I love sushi
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Enjoy brother!