Ways to eat oatmeal??

Options
2»

Replies

• phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I add some blackstrap molasses (not to be confused with regular molasses, which is sweeter but has less nutrition), a bit of almond meal and some soymilk or almond milk. If I want a little sweetness, I add maple syrup.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I buy Quakers "Weight Control" maple & brown sugar.. it only has 1g of sugar and it's sooo filling.

I like to add 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, one tablespoon of Flax Seed meal(great in fiber and fills you up way longer too!) and one tablespoon of organic peanut butter OR almond butter(whichever you prefer) It's so delicious.. I usually have that almost every morning and it really holds me up until lunch! :)

I used to eat the "weight control" stuff and it is yummy... BUT! if you are trying to eat clean, I'd skip it.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I buy Quakers "Weight Control" maple & brown sugar.. it only has 1g of sugar and it's sooo filling.

I like to add 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, one tablespoon of Flax Seed meal(great in fiber and fills you up way longer too!) and one tablespoon of organic peanut butter OR almond butter(whichever you prefer) It's so delicious.. I usually have that almost every morning and it really holds me up until lunch! :)

I used to eat the "weight control" stuff and it is yummy... BUT! if you are trying to eat clean, I'd skip it.
  • whyieyesyah
    whyieyesyah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy Natures First Premium Rolled oats, they are quite thick and i prefer them to the uncle tobies instant sachets.
    I normally cook up a 50g serving of them with water and a TBsp. of salt, tastes great!
    Im not a fan of sugary items in the morning, but i also think that a hint of cinnamin sounds yummay!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I start by simmering 1/2 c. vanilla almond milk and then I'll toss in 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries/raspberries/blackberries). When that is simmering, I'll add 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats and cook on medium-low, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Yum!
  • goingcrazy951
    Options
    I eat quaker oats in the big tub and add in a tbsp of peanut butter and and few tsp of splenda brown sugar. yum
    also for a more filling and creamy oatmeal i cook 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and cook for double the time. it makes the oatmeal extra fluffy and creamy to keep you full longer.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    i always cook my oatmeal with skim milk instead of water, tastes creamier and then i will add cinnamon, a little bit of pure maple syrup, ground flaxseed, fresh diced apples, craisins and/or raisins or cinnamon, ground flaxseed, and peanut butter.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't like my oatmeal sweet. I loveeeeeeee cheese on it or a spoon of peanut butter!!! Crumbled up bacon is great, too, if you eat some kind of bacon.

At night, I make a "granola" sometimes....oats, peanut butter, a touch of syrup and if I have some calories to spare, coconut. Just mix and eat.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these.