Weight gaining tips please

I'm 23 and weigh roughly 116 pounds. My job requires me to stay on my feet and I've recently incorporated weight training 3-4 days a week into my schedule. I've adjusted my diet to eat at least 2800-3000 calories a day with plenty of each macro but still seem to be stuck. Any tips?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If you aren't gaining you aren't eating eating enough. Make sure you are consistent and tracking your intake and if you have to fill in gaps with smoothies, juice or treats nothing wrong with that. This thread can help you get the calories in

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • timothyladd0812
    timothyladd0812 Posts: 2 Member
    Should I also be bulking on days I dont workout. I still work a pretty physically demanding job on these days.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I would definitely try to keep up your intake day to day, it is easier that way and less likely you will fall behind. In a surplus everyday is important to get calories not only workout days but recovery days too.
  • FossilFusion
    FossilFusion Posts: 39 Member
    I am the same. I was starting my bulk on 2300, as weeks gone by I have racked it up to 3000. Still my weight hasn't changed. I weigh daily and average it on Sunday for the week total. I have lost weight each week lol. If it stalls again this Sunday, I shall be adding in another 200 calories...

Keep it at it mate 💪
  • sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    I've recently done a bulk and would suggest just adding in more calorie dense foods to reach your calorie target and tracking your calories until you get the hang of eating more food. Don't be scared to have a bit of cheese or ice-cream...just in moderation but hitting your calorie target.