Hi All!

Options
tempe987
tempe987 Posts: 39 Member
I am not a new member, but this is the first time I am trying out the forums! I was in the process of a WLS but had second thoughts. So I am giving myself three months of doing this on my own. Looking for a group for accountability, support and make some new like-minded friends!

Replies

• Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP forums! I applaud your efforts to do this yourself first. You CAN do this!
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You got this! 🙂
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If surgery is the answer, I totally applaud that for you. Do you have a meal plan or anything to get you going? Wishing you so much success and a new lifestyle that brings you joy!
  • tempe987
    tempe987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You know I have been thinking about surgery for years and gone to many classes about it. This year I actually got the consultation and figured out what I had to do for my insurance... But there was just some nagging feeling that was telling me to really try it on my own. I don't have a specific meal plan. I am trying to stick to something that I can do long term like portion control and healthier choices. It'll make it slower but I think it will ingrain good habits. I did get diagnosed with insulin resistance by a dietitian many years ago so I am going to also watch my carbs mostly trying to avoid simple carbs.