3rd Time is a Charm

Options
Started back in September 2016 under HakeemTheDream89 I was 455 and very toxic, to say the least

Literally almost four later at age 30, 415 pounds and type 2 Diabetic for 1 year now

I've spent last 11 years on and off on Internet Catfishing, Trolling and looking for acceptance, attention, and love on many sites from Facebook to Tagged to Youtube to Feabile which is fat fetish website, etc

Even the party line for years

Diabetes and physical pain is truly humbling and forcing me to change for the future. I'm simply trying to avoid self-destruction and 2nd childhood at the same time at 30

Today I completed my 7th day of exercise along with other changes by limiting carbs intake. My A1C is 13.2 and blood sugar consists of mid 200s. Over past 7 months it has reached in access of 576 at one point and its been a scary war but I shall win

I no longer Catfish and even took extreme steps of deleting facebook, Instagram and other major apps/sites

Why am I still on here and Fitbit??

I'm accepting friends and all the support I can get as long as it's authentic and genuine

I don't want pity or sympathy I just need people who will be down for me

I'll start with a friend request :)

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking control of your life ..... I too am type 2 diabetic ...was diagnosed last year when I was hospitalized for the flu/pneumonia .... my last labs my A1c was 6.1 from 8.1 ( I am Keto) ....... You are welcome to add me ... I would love to support/cheer you on while you are on your journey ....wishing you the very best :)
  • juette
    juette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 73 years young and I have been on some kind of diet since I was in my 20's. If you name the diet I've been on it! I joined myfitnesspal in 2010 and since then I have gained 20 pounds! Along the way I lost a few pounds only to gain it back + some. I'm at wit's end with myself but I'm getting back on track, again! I do not have diabetes but I have high cholesterol. I can give you some of my wisdom in exchange for some of your energy!
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to here that you are taking control to get healthy. A busy life for me has made me let go and forget about getting healthy. My weight gain has amplified an injury from a car accident in my 20s. This makes it hard to exercise, so the only form of exercise right now is a stationary cycling bike. My daughter and her dad (my ex) is type 1 diabetic so I know quite a bit about diabetes no matter if its type 1 or 2. I know its hard to loose weight if your blood sugar is gone crazy and out of control. Its even harder to gain muscle as well. Add me if you like and ill do my best to support you on your journey. 🙂