1200 calorie from today. New here

Options
Hi I am going to be eating 1200 calories from today for a year and will adjust my activity with time if and when I hit plateau. I am from Canada and work from home. Looking for people to be accountable.

Replies

• threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Catlessi41 wrote: »
    Welcome to mfp! Are you petite? 1200 calories seems very little. 1500 is likely more healthy for you.

Yes, I am very short. 4'10.5'' :(
  • littlemav20
    littlemav20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sucks to be short, I’m 5 ft squat and have a very bad back that also prevents me from doing what I want , soooooo I feel your pain! 1200 calls for the last 3 days and I’ve gained a lb.....😫. I know it’s just that first diet need to see something good on the scale.... Don’t weight every day... going to b my motto
  • threeyears2024
    Options
    Sucks to be short, I’m 5 ft squat and have a very bad back that also prevents me from doing what I want , soooooo I feel your pain! 1200 calls for the last 3 days and I’ve gained a lb.....😫. I know it’s just that first diet need to see something good on the scale.... Don’t weight every day... going to b my motto

You can do this. :) Gaining a pound requires 3500 calories over your maintenance btw.
  • littlemav20
    littlemav20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know, I’m a lifetime WW member, just seems to suck taters when the scale gives u grief in the beginning.... BTY this site is awesome all the perks of WW online and none of the fees!!!!! They fail to tell u u may have gain lifetime status in WW but u still gotta pay. Did loose 65 lbs in the 80’s Love your cat
  • threeyears2024
    Options
    @littlemav20 sent you a friend request there :)

@QuirkzforDayz I am trying to follow this three rules,

1. To weigh everything I eat and stick to 1200
    2. To take one day at a time and not really feel sad or depressed if I go over
    3. To exercise for performance, not for calorie burn. I mean my first target is to walk 5000 steps a day and to be able to do push ups by the end of August.

That performance based exercise regime is keeping me on track. Normally I used to exercise for weight loss in my 20s and I always gave up when the scale did not budge. I also want to stick to this routine and not change anything for the first 4 weeks even if I don't lose weight. Just to see, how does it go.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am back after a 3 month break and have gained 4 lbs! Ugh. I need to be accountable so would like to join this group. I tried NOOM but much prefer MFP!

My goal is to
    1) Count every calorie even if I am over budget
    2) Start wearing my apple watch to track my steps and aim for 10,000 per day!
    3) Aim for 1200 calories a day
    4) Weigh in every day
    5) Check in here every day even if just to post WI

Ok, thanks for starting this thread. Have a great day!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Your mission should you decide to accept is be so busy enjoying your life that you have no time for regret or letting anyone diminish who or what you are. That's what sux. When we diminish ourselves due to being 'short' or whatever it creates mental roadblocks. Be loud and proud of your height and don't ever diminish yourself again. <3
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Went a bit over yesterday but not too bad. Down 2 from yesterday but I know that it is water weight. I weigh in everyday because every time my weight has gotten really high it was when I was not weighing myself. I have a remarkable ability to fool myself into thinking I am not gaining!

Today I will weigh and journal my food, walk, garden. I teach a camp this afternoon so saving some energy from that,.

Will check in tonight!
  • threeyears2024
    Options
    @lacatgirl Good afternoon from where I am. I am on purpose eating 200 calories less today because tomorrow I have a dinner to attend. I also think I have to make a habit of weighing myself daily. Hope you have a productive happy day ahead. All good vibe.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Good evening - I had a challenging day - ended up eating some swedish fish - good news is I counted them and at days end I am only 88 calories over. Much better than I expected! No dessert for me tonight!
  • Sassycea
    Sassycea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New girl on the block, looking to slim down to my picture from a few years ago. Hoping for a good journey with this community.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Good morning-
    WI 177.6
    Goals today: Try to stay withing 1200cals, journal, charge watch and count steps!
    Have a great day all.
  • threeyears2024
    Options
    Hi there, hope you all have a wonderful day. Plan for the day is to stick to 1200 calories, walk 5000 steps and do a little bit of resistance training. Taking one day at a time. :)
  • Lavenderpixies
    Lavenderpixies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and eating 1200 calories a day with the aim to reach my target by the end of next summer. I have done MFP in the past but just really got going again over the last 3 weeks. I'm also in Canada!
    Good for you getting in 5000 steps a day, especially working from home!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Hi All,
    Stressful day and got Mexican takeout for dinner. Which brought me over my calories by almost 200! Oh well, no dessert tonight - tomorrow is another day.
  • RenoBA
    RenoBA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Fellow short person here at 5ft nothing.
    We need to create a short person club... wonder if there is a group set up for that. Women under 5ft5...
  • threeyears2024
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Stressful day and got Mexican takeout for dinner. Which brought me over my calories by almost 200! Oh well, no dessert tonight - tomorrow is another day.

Don't beat yourself up. I had 2200 calories yesterday and I felt quite good about it. Will limit the calories to 1200 and use up some of the extra 1000 calories from yesterday by strength training. Have a wonderful day.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Hi I am going to be eating 1200 calories from today for a year and will adjust my activity with time if and when I hit plateau. I am from Canada and work from home. Looking for people to be accountable.

Good Morning All,
    Threeyears2024 - how are you doing with the 1200 calories? I am having a hard time keeping it to that! I barely snack but just keeping the meals within 1200 is really hard. I have been barbecuing chicken breast on the weekends and try to have that for lunch or if I am hungry....by wednesday I run out so this weekend Ill double the amount!

I was down a bit again this week...Sunday is my "official weigh in" so Ill see how the whole week went. I WI every day but my weight goes up and down so slightly every day that I feel like I am not losing and give up.

Today I will once again try to stay within my calorie limit. I am teaching a camp this week so my exercise is not happening! I used to swim but the pools are closed so I really am having a hard time finding something that I enjoy. If I don't enjoy it, I won't do it...it has taken a lifetime to realize this!

Have a great day all!