Another Newbie

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Becca and I am a 30-something mom of three. I am a work at home mom who spends a lot of time parked in front of the computer for my work. I have been struggling with my weight for the past few years after I had my last child. I had my daughter almost 5 years ago and it seems like I am getting heavier and heavier since then. I am the heaviest I have ever been and it has honestly got to the point where it is wearing on me physically and emotionally. I am starting the C25K and I am tracking my calories/food here at MFP. I am just so angry with myself and extremely frustrated that I know what to do I just haven't been doing it. It has gotten to the point where I despise mirrors, don't like shopping for clothes and don't want any pictures taken. I want to feel healthy again. I want to be able to do simple things without my back hurting or being out of breath. I also want to be a good role model for my children. I want my life back. I am ready to take back control.

I would appreciate any advice that has really helped you and would love to make new friends! Thank you so much!

Replies

• laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can certainly relate. I literally told myself I was going to get my life back after I had my baby. I've lost 32lbs-12lbs since joining MFP. I think you are on the right track! I have found this website to be quite helpful! I'll let everyone else give advice as I don't feel I have anything solid to share, but I will say this-being angry at yourself can be good motivation, but give yourself a break too. You can add me too if you want!
  • malouina
    malouina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    add me lets do this together all of us are in the same boat welcome sugar
  • BeccaBoo75
    Options
    Thanks so much! It is good to know others can relate! I certainly feel that I have made the right decision in signing up here. :smile: