Logging in personal training...

Options
Had my first session with my personal trainer...how do I log it in???? It's strength training but I was out of breathe...does that not count as cardio??????

Replies

• Mentzerj
    Options
    Had my first session with my personal trainer...how do I log it in???? It's strength training but I was out of breathe...does that not count as cardio??????

Depending on what your trainer is doing with you, it may be that you are doing more circuit training? I would highly suggest investing in a HRM to track how much you are burning. In MFP there are 2 options, you could use Strength training or circuit training; neither of these accurately estimated how much I burned with my trainer in 60m sessions.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use my Polar FT 7 HRM to track my sessions with my trainer. Mine conisists of mostly circuit training so that's what I call it and input the time and cals each time! Hope this helps and good luck!
  • NicBushong
    NicBushong Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I logged mine as aerobics because my trainer has me doing intervals. My heart rate was pretty high the entire time, and there was no way to log each individual exercise. This won't acurately calculate the weights used, but it's something!
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I can't afford a personal trainer but I decided today that I was going to do an hour of mixed workouts including stretching, weight training (5 pounds), leg lifts (sorry don't know actuate terminology), and a scissor type leg movement, all while sitting or laying down as I have bad knees and am always afraid I am going to do damage with most standard aerobic routines. . Well an hour may have been a little ambitious seeing as how this was my first real attempt of working out since I started eating healthier but I did make it to 45 minutes. By the end I was sweat bullets, heart pounding, and little weak trying to stand up. Like I said, I may have tried to over due it a bit, anyway I was all excited about logging it and seeing what I burned until I started to try to sort out everything I did and search for it, only to find that I could figure out what the heck I should log it as. I finally ended up putting down as 15 minutes of stretching and 30 of aerobics (light impact) which got me a not to shabby 444 calories but I can't help wondering how accurate that is. I wish I had the money for one of those arm bands I've seen people talking about (can't remember the name at the moment), for now I guess a rough estimate is better then nothing.