Trying to Turn my Life Around

Options
I'm a 40+ woman trying to turn my life around years after divorcing an abusive man.

I have struggled with a lot of challenges in life and have been unable to even address my weight and health problems until lately. With the help of a collection of wonderful people, I'm finding my way out of the darkness and am finally ready to tackle the terrifying prospect of letting go of the @100 extra pounds I've been carrying around.

This is going to be very difficult but I'm no stranger to difficult things. The important part is that, though I may not succeed right away or as quickly as I hope, I committed. I'm not going to give up until I figure this out and get it done.

Thanks for reading. I hope to get to know you all better.

Replies

• codyhi1234
    codyhi1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    get it girl, you can do it!
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a wonderful feeling realizing that YOU have the power to control this! Best wishes!
  • SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The MFP community is definitely here to help support and motivate you on your journey - sounds like you are determined to make this happen - you got this!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Well done on already losing a couple hundred pounds of nasty abusive weight. It’s not easy to stand up for yourself like that. You are already proving very strong. As for the 100 pounds you plan to drop, you can do it! One day at a time! Keep your goal conservative, 1 pound a week is very doable. Read the forums, and don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Whatever your question, someone has been there on their weight-loss-journey and can provide you with a signpost on yours. Persistence and being honest with yourself will get you very far! Feel free to send me a friend request. Check out this upbeat and supportive group : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801985/women-200lb-lets-jump-for-joy-this-july/p1
  • DecryingShame
    DecryingShame Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done on already losing a couple hundred pounds of nasty abusive weight. It’s not easy to stand up for yourself like that. You are already proving very strong. As for the 100 pounds you plan to drop, you can do it! One day at a time! Keep your goal conservative, 1 pound a week is very doable. Read the forums, and don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Whatever your question, someone has been there on their weight-loss-journey and can provide you with a signpost on yours. Persistence and being honest with yourself will get you very far! Feel free to send me a friend request. Check out this upbeat and supportive group : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801985/women-200lb-lets-jump-for-joy-this-july/p1

Wow! Yes, you're right! I have lost a lot of "abuse weight"! Ready to start on the physical weight.

Thanks so much for the perspective!