Still not losing....

Options
I've taken up exercise about 45 minutes 6 times / week.... I count every calorie........ I control my weekend binges (as in - there aren't any!).......
I'm only allotted 1260 calories / day. Seriously. Any tips on how to lose more weight? I'm only seeing the scale dropping a pound, if that, a week!!

I'd love some tips from anyone on how to speed up my weight loss!
Please and Thank you!
:flowerforyou:
~ gdh

Replies

• jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've taken up exercise about 45 minutes 6 times / week.... I count every calorie........ I control my weekend binges (as in - there aren't any!).......
    I'm only allotted 1260 calories / day. Seriously. Any tips on how to lose more weight? I'm only seeing the scale dropping a pound, if that, a week!!

Please and Thank you!
    ~ gdh
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Please and Thank you!
    ~ gdh

you have 11lbs to go- like your motto says attacking the last stubborn pounds your right they are stubborn for a reason- you have to beat them off with a stick- .5 to a pound a week is good- Try adding in some strength training-

As far as what your eating I don't eat that low in my calories I eat 1450-1500 calories a day- But everyone is different- as far as what your doing working out keep it up give it time and try adding in some weights to tone you then you can cut some inches even though the scale isn't moving like you would like.

Good luck
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Could you post a sample menu from a day or two?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself with a tape measure?? Sometimes scales lie.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    One thing about losing fat, is your body wants to keep it. So if you're not giving it enough calories, it will be harder to lose it. You're eating just enough to keep it from going into starvation mode, and that may not help.

BTW what you're losing is quite a bit for what you've got to lose. Perhaps your expectations are a bit too high? It's not like you have 200 pounds to lose, and the fat comes off easier when you have that much fat.
  • Teach381
    Teach381 Posts: 22
    Options
    I think a pound a week is great! Believe me I know how frustrating it can be... are you eating your "excercise calories"? As long as you're losing, I'd stick with it:smile:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you don't really have that much to lose so your body is going to fight to keep every bit of fat that it possibly can. its going to be slow and steady, and aside from what you're already doing, there is no healthy way to speed it up. i would also recommend adding lifting to your work out. you might want to try and experiment with the number of calories your eating. try pushing it up to 1400 for a week and see what happens.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    A pound per week is a healthy amount to be losing. I'm on a schedule to lose 70lbs...and I'm only alotted to lost 2 pounds per week (although I've been lucky...7lbs the first week, 2lbs for week 2 & 3lbs in week #3).

Good luck & keep at it :smile: