Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    No, I've actually been super busy at work, just having to do it mostly at home, isolated. I wish this meant more free time.

This is something I struggled with when I started working from home. I was getting on earlier and staying on later. I had to make the decision to create boundaries. If I wake up at 7 or 8am, I'll do a quick run or workout and just enjoy some me time before logging on. Or I'll shut down at exactly 5 or 6, make dinner then do a run or workout. It's tough to draw the line when they are blurred. It's just like making the time to workout, it has to come from oneself. Best of luck.

Yeah, ultimately I've tried to put harder limits around non work times than when I was going into work. I work less on the weekends (although more on the weekdays, and that's not always the case, as I'm working both weekend days this week). I have times during which I don't check my emails. I'm also doing the "me time, including some exercise" before working hours start. It's unfortunate, though, that work is just crazy and has been since April (March I didn't work as much for the last week and a half when we stayed home). I had been planning to take a vacation during that part of March and did not, and right now I feel like I will never have a vacation again.

Um, oh, right, silver lining, I've gotten more comfortable using my grill, and I do have a great veg garden this year.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »
    No, I've actually been super busy at work, just having to do it mostly at home, isolated. I wish this meant more free time.

This is something I struggled with when I started working from home. I was getting on earlier and staying on later. I had to make the decision to create boundaries. If I wake up at 7 or 8am, I'll do a quick run or workout and just enjoy some me time before logging on. Or I'll shut down at exactly 5 or 6, make dinner then do a run or workout. It's tough to draw the line when they are blurred. It's just like making the time to workout, it has to come from oneself. Best of luck.

Yeah, ultimately I've tried to put harder limits around non work times than when I was going into work. I work less on the weekends (although more on the weekdays, and that's not always the case, as I'm working both weekend days this week). I have times during which I don't check my emails. I'm also doing the "me time, including some exercise" before working hours start. It's unfortunate, though, that work is just crazy and has been since April (March I didn't work as much for the last week and a half when we stayed home). I had been planning to take a vacation during that part of March and did not, and right now I feel like I will never have a vacation again.

Um, oh, right, silver lining, I've gotten more comfortable using my grill, and I do have a great veg garden this year.

Ahhhh, vacation. A word I MISS! Every little bit counts, I think you're doing great considering what's going on out there. I wish I had a green thumb!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Nope, essential business worker here so been in the office (never closed). I do take a nightly walk as my kids aren't busy with sports or activities like they usually are.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I would’ve never thought this could happen but I reached below my goal! And still going - about a total loss of about 15-20 lbs! All home cooking, followed a structured program, exponentially increased NEAT! I shocked myself but happy.