COTTON CANDY GRAPES!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options
    silly question perhaps - what is cotton candy??
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found some today and got them for a bargain because the sign was mislabeled. I'm intrigued. There were also some grape jelly and gummy candy flavored ones at the store too. I had kept hearing about them but never saw them till today.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    They taste good, but kinda artificial to me. And out of my price range.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Have never tried them because of the cost. I prefer plain old red seedless grapes. :) And maybe I'm strange but I don't care for cherries. It's too bad because they've been on sale lately for 1.88 # and they're so good for you.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    silly question perhaps - what is cotton candy??

Cotton Candy = Spun Sugar.

cotton-candy-flavor-concentrate-liquid_grande.jpg?v=1475474588

Ooh, I just had a wondrous thought; do they make maple cotton candy? If not, they need to get right on that.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've tried them, not a big fan and sooo overpriced for me. I see the appeal though. You guys can have mine. 😁
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A friend brought several types of new-flavor grapes the other day, and they were all amazing, and slightly confusing! He had cotton candy ones, but also strawberry, watermelon and some other flavors I can't recall...
    I also vote for cherries while they're in season though!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,439 Member
    Options
    Sounds utterly sweet and artificial tasting to be honest. My favourite fruits are wild forest strawberries, and any kind of wild fruit I can find while out and about. Plus a bit of elderflowers, or wood sorrel when in season.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cotton candy grapes are not artificial. They are a cross between two grape varieties and are not artificially infused with flavor. (There was/is an apple sold that tastes like grape, but that was done by infusing with grape juice.) These grapes are just normal hybrids, just as many fruits available today are, and are produced by traditional methods.

Objectively, their sugar content is only 12% higher than for the usual grapes available in US stores, but that's enough to taste sweeter. The horticulturist who developed them said he was hoping to develop many more interesting hybrids with different flavors. Maybe the bubblegum type someone mentioned is one of those. He says he is hoping to bring as much variety to commercially available grapes as we see among apples available in stores today. Those crazy horticulturists.... :)