Fertility Drugs and Weight Gain

Options
I am becoming an egg donor and I wondered if anyone had experience with fertility drugs and how they affect your weight. I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight while going through this process, but I don't want to gain a lot of weight either. Thanks!

Replies

• CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did 10 rounds of clomid and progesteron last year and gained 15lbs. It sucked. Just make sure you stay active and eat healthy, no matter your mood. Good luck!
  • skjowers1
    Options
    Thanks! At least this is a short process so I can get back on track. If I had implantation or pregnancy to worry about afterward I would be stressing out!
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful thing to do :flowerforyou:

I've done two lots of IVF and don't recall weight gain being an issue (other than the subsequent pregnancies :happy: ). It will certainly make you *feel* like you've gained weight before the eggs are collected as you'll likely feel bloated, but I think that will be short lived.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ive gained 30 pounds while on clomid and provera. I'm starting on it again and am eating different this time. It takes watching what you eat, but you will be okay!
  • ChangingJojo
    ChangingJojo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for what you are doing ,as a person struggling with infertility it really touches my heart.

I have spent the last 2 years struggling to get pregnant. I have been on Provera, Chlomid and Femara. I have experienced weight gain with all if I wan't watching what I ate and also my activity level. It is hard to say if it was the hormones alone that contributed to the gain, the emotional ups and downs that go along with treatment, or a combination of them both. Of course, hormones affect us all differenly.

Good luck and just stay focused on what your eating and of course your activity. :o)