The Mighty Whoosh and HR (or other things)

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,408 Member
I wonder if people who whoosh also notice things happening in their body, other than running to the loo at least twice per night and a drop of scale weight.

I can see this on the HR data of my fitness tracker: When I'm in a whoosh my minHR goes down, and at night might hit a low of around 44ish, while when my waterweight is at it's highest my minHR is at a peak and my night HR might only go down to about 50. My blood pressure is also much more fickle in a whoosh and I might get dizzy when I stand up too quickly. Anyone else notice this, or something similar?

Replies

• spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just had one of these. Along with a good sized scale drop, I was hungrier than usual, slept awful the past couple nights, had 3 #2's in the span of this morning, and i could feel my heartbeat while I was laying in bed wide awake. I was a bit dizzy this morning and pretty shaky from my one cup of coffee.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I usually have a lower "resting" HR when losing, higher when gaining and somewhere in between when weight stable. The times that "resting" HR and scale results have not tracked within a reasonable time period (a few days) during the past few years have been minimal / can't recall them. This does "jive" with an adaptive thermogensis during energy imbalance hypothesis.