Mayonnaise Substitue in Suddenly (Pasta) Salad

Does anyone know of an alternative to 1/2 cup mayonnaise in Suddenly (Pasta) Salad? Something that I will still want to eat? :) Love a pasta salad but trying to cut the fat way down.

Thanks!!

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    hummus? fat free mayo? italian dressing?
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    maybe plain yogurt or fat free sour cream? veganaise?
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Its hard to say that you can sub something for ALL recipes using mayonaise. I've had luck in various recipes with plain yogurt, mustard, whipped cream cheese and soy mayo. The only thing that would be an obvious low fat sub would be low fat mayo...
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Non fat plain greek yogurt.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    I've used Greek Yogurt
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Try fat-free Greek yogurt -- its SO Creamy and healthy (its a dead-ringer for sour cream-- but its also pretty good substitute for mayo) You can also use vinegarette or sub 1/2 the mayo for ligt mayo, and the other half for purreed roasted red peppers. Good luck!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    My friend used unsweetened applesauce and you would have never known it.
  • tlg39359
    tlg39359 Posts: 3 Member
    I've seen a lot of posts about non-fat plain Greek yogurt but am not sure I've ever noticed it at the grocery store? Is it fairly common? I'll have to check next time I go.
  • caszattf
    caszattf Posts: 4
    I thought it tasted good without the mayo, but I put 1 tbsp. in and added a little milk to make it creamy. It was delicious!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    I use low fat mayo, but just don't eat as much as I normally would.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Ricco Dispirito has a cookbook out called "Now Eat This" and it has a substitute in it for mayonnaise in it called Rocco's Magnificent Mayonnaise. It uses plain greek yogurt as a base. His substitutes have been pretty good.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    I've seen a lot of posts about non-fat plain Greek yogurt but am not sure I've ever noticed it at the grocery store? Is it fairly common? I'll have to check next time I go.

Look at the bottom (nearest the floor) of the section with all the sugary yogurts. It comes in big tubs. Stoneyfield and Fage are popular brands.
  • tlg39359
    tlg39359 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for all the info! I instead went with the Triple Succotash... Not as satisfying but all-around healthier. :/
  • Ahorror
    Ahorror Posts: 1 Member
    Avocado 🥑 😋
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2020
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Ahorror wrote: »
    Avocado 🥑 😋

You responded to a post from 2011.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I made an Italian pasta salad with lite creamy Caesar dressing and lite Italian dressing in equal parts. It had rotini pasta, turkey pepperoni, shaved Parmesan black olives, bell pepper and minced onion. Best pasta salad I’ve made this summer, and I make pasta salad weekly. For most of my mayo based salads I use miracle whip light. We like miracle whip better than mayo, sacrilege to mayo lovers I know. Love the “tangy zip, of miracle whip “. And saves calories.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    edited July 2020
    Drat old posts