College Student-friendly Recipes??

Okay, so I'm a student, in an apartment with 3 other girls....does anyone have any low-call recipes that doesn't make too much (it's just me eating!) and doesn't require very expensive ingredients? Would be so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    skinnytaste.com :D
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    it depends on what you like to eat.

now when i used to live alone, i made a ton of food at once, and pretty much eat the same thing for 3-4 days in a row. making individual meals is a great way to get tired of cooking.
  • skinnytaste.com :D

I LOVE YOU :]

thanks!
  • im out of school now but i still only cook for myself. when i need something fast and cheep and just simple, i buy the smart ones/healthy choice meals. they dont take long, no dishes, and you dont have to worry about cooking too much.

(and people will tell you to only eat fresh- if that works for you- fine. but i know when i was in college i did not want to deal with the prep time it took to make fresh/clean foods)
  • havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    try womenshealthmag.com - they have a food/recipes section with pretty easy and healthy food. also there's a show on food network called 'five ingredient fix' which would make it simple to make dishes... and i'm sure you can find stuff that's not too heavy on calories there.
  • One of my favorite cheap-easy meals is a chicken-salsa dish in the crockpot. I usually put a couple chicken breasts, a few cups of salsa, a can of corn and black beans (drained and rinsed). Let that cook on low all day and then mix it around to shred up the chicken. Then I like to mix a little cream cheese or sour cream in and stir. It is great on its own or as chicken taco filling or a salad topping. You could easily freeze some for later too. Good luck!
  • These all sound great, thanks so much!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    I can't make meals for one - but making for 2 is easy. Most recipes are for 4 people, so half them and then save the other half of the meal for another day (put it in the freezer if you want)
  • TheRiot
    TheRiot Posts: 12 Member
    skinnytaste.com :D

This is the best! Thanks!