200lbs+ Girls Support Group

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Summer and I'm 18 years old. I've always been bigger but around two and a half years ago i started eating excessively and within months went from 170 to 250. I've struggled with an eating disorder, body image issues and I'm finally on track to go back down to under 200lbs. I've tried MFP before but never gave it my all. As of January 2020, I was 264lbs and said enough is enough. And then quarantine happened. My weight has fluxated so much but I'm now down to under 250. I want to create a safe discussion room for women in similar situations as mine where we can support and uplift each other!

Replies

• shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Summer, I'm Katie :) I had my "enough is enough" in December (2019) so I totally know what you're saying there. I was on track for a bit and then fell off for a few months of quarantine. I'm fully committed now, this is day 3 of my new life.
  • nurabh94
    nurabh94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this! I’m 5’1 and had a start weight of 205 pounds, now I’m close to 180! I struggled with weight all my life but the last six years I really went wild with the binge eating and secret snacking late at night and it’s so nice to finally feel back in control of myself and very heartening to see others like me on this app. You got this and I’m proud of you for getting started safely and healthily!
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Summer_Raine_01 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @surreptitially

I'm on day 16! I've already seen a change, four lbs down which is on track for my goal of 2lbs a week to lose! It's not an easy task, especially given the state of our world with quarantine. So proud of you!

• Summer_Raine_01
    Options
    @nurabh94

You're doing amazing! 205 to 180 is an incredible transformation and I'm so happy for you!
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Summer, I'm Lanae. I started back up on July 1st of this month. I'm 27 years old, 5'3, and currently 294 Lbs (Started at 300.2).
  • Elliewebber
    Elliewebber Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Happy for anyone to follow me :)
    Previously lost 100+lb using MFP then depression hit and I munched it all back plus some :s
    5 foot 6 23 years old :)
    HW 320
    CW 314
    GW 158
  • Elliewebber
    Elliewebber Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm Gretchen. I'm 5'8" and 291.0 pounds. I've lost over 100 pounds twice now and put it back on both times. I'm really hoping to lose it once and for all. I can't live like this any more!

so similar to my back and forth journey :# good luck !!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @Elliewebber Good luck to you as well! Depression is hell on the body for sure!!!
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Options
    People with a similar story!!! I'm 38 and have struggled with weight my whole life. I had a bad relationship with it. If I was happy I ate, if I was sad I ate, if I was board I ate. About 7 or 8 years ago I decided to do something about my weight, I wan't happy with how I looked or felt. I did a extreme diet and it did work. I also keep the weight off for a little while thanks to help of my companies on site dietitian. After the weight loss is when I meet my now husband who was heavy into fitness because he too had weight issues in the past. As most people know once you get into a relationship things such as food and exercise take a hit. Then we decided to try for a family. If I hadn't lost a lot of weight previously (about 110 pounds) I don't think we would of been able to have our son. After all of that of course the weight came back on. I am proud to say not all of what I lost was put back on. I had said after the birth of our son I was going to get back on track. As you can guess that didn't really happen. So after a few health issue that where not claimed to of happen due to my weight I told myself I need to do this for me, for my family. So since about November I have been on a weight loss medication that has been helping a lot. I'm also working with the dietitian to keep my food in check and have recently been put in touch with one of our on site personal trainers as well (thanks to Covid it is through email), but I'm doing. We are all doing this!!! On those tough days I hope this is a place to come and seek out some support from fellow people who are looking to do the same. I started this journey again at around 260 pounds, as of this morning I'm down to 237. My ultimate goal is to just be under the 200 pound make. I'm tired of seeing a weight that starts with a 2. I know my body and I'm not meant to be one of those small people. So if you are all for some support (giving and receiving) that would be great. Summer I love that you started this and so proud that at 18 years old you have decided to change how you feel and look. Surreptitially I love how you call it "day 3 of your new life". Nurabh94 you keep doing what you are doing, it is so awesome how far you have come keep it going. Imeldrum23 you took the hardest step and started, just keep taking it one day at a time and you will crush this. I hope you all have a good day. Keep up the good work!!! Oh yeah by the way my name is Karen :smiley:

While my ultimate goal is 140, 200 is my "trigger" number and what I want to get under! So happy for you and how far youve come!
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm Gretchen. I'm 5'8" and 291.0 pounds. I've lost over 100 pounds twice now and put it back on both times. I'm really hoping to lose it once and for all. I can't live like this any more!

I've heard the hardest part of losing weight is keeping it off. You're not alone. I believe in you!
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Options
    Happy for anyone to follow me :)
    Previously lost 100+lb using MFP then depression hit and I munched it all back plus some :s
    5 foot 6 23 years old :)
    HW 320
    CW 314
    GW 158

Our goal weights are close! I believe in you! Goodluck!
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any favorite workout videos on youtube? I just found Leslie Sansone walk videos this week and I love them 🙂
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    lmeldrum23 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any favorite workout videos on youtube? I just found Leslie Sansone walk videos this week and I love them 🙂

I really like Fitness Blender and Heather Robertson. They both have low impact options if you want to take it easy on your joints but still get that heart rate up.
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Options

I like to use the app 7m Women, its got a variety of exercises that are easy to follow and I just play my music in the background!
  • happyyysighhh
    happyyysighhh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello :wink: Just putting myself out there for anyone to *friend me* because I love to support others, I love reading statuses and cheering others on.
  • heisterman2
    heisterman2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

It isn't a youtube video or anything but I have started to do push ups off the counter at work in down time as well as doing a few squats. I may look strange to my coworkers but at this point we have worked together long enough they know the truth lol!!! Just trying to get just a little extra movement.
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am 64 didn't have weight problems till my 30s. 5’2”
    I took up running at 23, long distance cycling. Believe it or not you can gain weight and bike 2,000 + miles a year.
    APRIL 1, 2019 I pledged to ride every day for 30 days, I decided to go for May I just kept riding every day. After 365 days I weighed myself I’d lost 4 lbs. I did have better muscle tone but I was within 5lbs of my heaviest weight. 232.8
    I had signed up for a cruise in December. I wasn’t going this big. May 6 I started logging my food. I can’t remember when I found mfp. This weeks weigh in got messed up I was on a 4 day cycling trip. I usually weigh on wednesday on Monday I weighed I’d lost 19.6 lbs total.
    I logged my food ate at restaurants. Finding them open was a challenge. Convenience Store breakfast pizza, “this is high in fat” Bar food tasty but vegetables are hard to find.
    I did my best. I got back Thursday I vowed not to weigh myself till next Wednesday but today I just had to. -20.4 lbs since May 6. 475 days of cycling.
    My short term goal is -25 lbs
    ONDERLAND by Labor Day
    Long term goal 140ish. When I get within 10lbs I’ll evaluate.
  • heisterman2
    heisterman2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anybody else been finding it hard lately to no snack?