going to be honest...

Options
i have been eating less than 800 cals on most days and i workout on top of that (some days just 30day shred and 2x a week i do ellipticals for an hr) and i don't eat back my exercise cals. i have been at the same weight for a month and i know i should bump my intake to 1200 but I'm just so scared of doing that and then gaining all the weight that i have lost back. and today i tried to plan my meal so that i will be as close to 1200 as possible and it seems that no matter what i do I'm coming up to only about 850. I don't know what to do. I know my diary is closed and I'm not comfortable with opening it up to the public.

What I Ate Today:
Breakfast:
1 pack of low sugar oatmeal (120)
1/3 skim milk (40)
1/3 cup of sliced bananas (40)
1/2 watermelon (25)
Total: 225

Lunch:
1 whole wheat english muffin (130)
1 tb of pb (95)

I wasn't even hungry at lunch but i forced myself to eat. oh and i drink anywhere from 6-12 glasses of water a day. no soda or juice of any kind. i have also given up coffee.

Replies

• GKK01
    GKK01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump (:
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    You will probably lose weight if you eat 1200 to be honest
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Something is not adding up.......you're not telling us the whole story.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Whats for dinner? You are going to have to re-train your body to eat and then feel hungry. Right now it's broken. You can trust it to send hunger signals. Maybe east into it. Eat 900 today, 1000 tomorrow, 1100 the next day...
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad, because I eat roughly 1600 - 1800 calories a day, or make every attempt to, yet today, my body was not feeling the food at all, like an aversion or repulsion and I WANTED to eat.

I did force down some food, but was very upset that I could not enjoy my food, the way I like to. I maybe have had around 900 calories myself, but, for me, lately, this is very unusual and not at all fun.

I'm not really sure what you are asking, but I hope you do consider at least attempting to bump up your calories, so your body does not go into starvation mode. Best of luck!
  • tinamarie204
    Options
    You have to eat more...your body is going into "starvation mode" and is slowing down its metabolism. You are actually sabotaging your own efforts to lose weight!
  • brianna789
    Options
    Most people will tell you that your starving your body.. When you don't take in enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to anything and everything you eat, because it does not know when your going to feed it again.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am going to be honest, if you are not willing to be honest with the public diary, you probably arent willing to take the advice given.

if you know you should be doing something, and you aren't... and you dont want to make changes, you can't expect results.
    Not trying to be a douche, but its reality.

Eat more fruit.. more veggies.. drink milk eat yogurt, make a wrap, have a salad with lean meat and cheese and nuts... there are tons of ways to bulk up the calories. you get in the mindset of hitting a "magic number" and its going to seem like an unatainable goal. You think of how many serivings that you have had from the food pyramid and in no time you will be meeting goals.

But again, if you aren;t willing to make changes.. you cant expect to see anything.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    EAT
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am the same, I eat 700-1100 usually and eat back nothing. My weight has been stuck for over 2 weeks. I am trying various things to help out my metabolism like more exercise, front-loading calories and mixing up my exercise routine. So far no luck.
  • onevision
    Options
    Man alive, get some protein down you!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old you are...or your age/height/weight but most likely, even 1200 is too low -- especially if you're exercising.

Some simple things to do....
    1. Eat more oatmeal for breakfast...or add a fiber bar, greek yogurt
    2. Add some protein shakes --- not only good for you, but keep you feeling full so you dont binge at meals
    3. Eat more protein -- you have almost none on your list
    4. Add chicken, turkey, fish etc.
  • Splasheh
    Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    EAT

God, people like you annoy me. She's trying, she might be suffering from mild symptoms of an ED so don't type the word "eat" to her in capital letters. Jesus christ, give the girl tips instead of this crap.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    You have to eat more...your body is going into "starvation mode" and is slowing down its metabolism. You are actually sabotaging your own efforts to lose weight!
    I agree!
    You need to eat more. If you eat more, you will start losing weight.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    i have been eating less than 800 cals on most days and i workout on top of that (some days just 30day shred and 2x a week i do ellipticals for an hr) and i don't eat back my exercise cals. i have been at the same weight for a month and i know i should bump my intake to 1200 but I'm just so scared of doing that and then gaining all the weight that i have lost back. and today i tried to plan my meal so that i will be as close to 1200 as possible and it seems that no matter what i do I'm coming up to only about 850. I don't know what to do. I know my diary is closed and I'm not comfortable with opening it up to the public.

What I Ate Today:
    Breakfast:
    1/3 skim milk (40)
    1/2 watermelon (25)

Lunch:
    1 tb of pb (95)

I wasn't even hungry at lunch but i forced myself to eat. oh and i drink anywhere from 6-12 glasses of water a day. no soda or juice of any kind. i have also given up coffee.

If you can't "eat" your calories "drink" your calories. Low fat milk, 100% fruit juice, something! You're starving yourself! There's a saying, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - that's the definition of lunacy" You're repeating a meal plan that obviously isn't working yet you think you will get a different outcome. You have to eat more, and more fat also!
  • Splasheh
    Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
    Options

What I Ate Today:
    Breakfast:
    1/3 skim milk (40)
    1/2 watermelon (25)

Lunch:
    1 tb of pb (95)

Try adding a glass of orange juice or milk with your lunch. That's a good way to get calories up and it'll leave you refreshed.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Same as everyone else said, you really do need to eat more. Your body needs the nourishment and is probably holding onto everything you do eat because it needs more. Eat more fruits and veggies, and up your calories. You will likely see movement, but please take care of yourself.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Whats for dinner? You are going to have to re-train your body to eat and then feel hungry. Right now it's broken. You can trust it to send hunger signals. Maybe east into it. Eat 900 today, 1000 tomorrow, 1100 the next day...

this

ive been fixing my metabolism since january because i did this all during college...bad news! EAT. You probably have been losing muscle too so make sure you are getting at least 80 g of protein (really, over 100 is best)
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot of info to go by, but you are right - you need to eat more. I'm sure lots of people on here will have good ideas - I myself am not a very healthy eater :laugh: , but don't you snack at all? Fruit, nuts, some protein? What about dinner? How much did you used to eat before you lost weight?

I don't have any problem getting my calories in. Just today so far I had cereal with almond milk for breakfast, grapes for a mid- morning snack, a turkey sandwich, celery and a peach for lunch, and some yogurt for an afternoon snack. On top of that, I had a couple handfuls of cereal to supplement my afternoon snack. I still have to fit in dinner, and I'll probably have a snack later this evening. See - no problem for me. :sad:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Start with protien shakes. Protien, some carbs, and it will help you get more calories in every day. Good luck.