Favorite position

_canadianbakin_
_canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
What's the best job you've ever had?
Mine was for an online gaming co. It didn't pay well but it had great perks and a great work environment.

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    working at the video store back in the day
  • salkavalka
    salkavalka Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think mine is being a PT and to coach groups. Love helping people get stronger
  • Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Owning my own Business -- it was also my worst job :):/
    Amen to that... totally agree 🤩🤪🤬🤯🤨🤪🤯😂
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Well, apart from my current one I really enjoyed head dog trainer/assessor at the facility I worked for. Very fulfilling.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'd have to go with the self employed/own business thought. Everything else I did was terrible. :( But being an in-home childcare provider for 39 years, was the best of both worlds. It definitely had it's ups and downs.
  • capgordon81
    capgordon81 Posts: 105 Member
    Working at gleneagles hotel in Scotland worked my shift the staff party's like American pie party's every night happy times 😁😁😁🤗
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Dishwasher in a Mexican restaurant. Not only did I learn to speak Spanish (not well), I was just responsible for dishes. Awesome.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Grad school was a lot of fun. The stipend wasn't luxurious but it was a living wage and, since I got the course requirements out of the way early on, I had basically nothing but free time aside from a perfunctory two hours of TA-ing a week.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    I just want to take care of people and make sure they are bathed and comfortable no matter if they are going home or to heaven.

@jcrav77

.... home or heaven, that's awesome.

however, what about the third option?

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Nude art model for a college. Get paid to sleep and/or read books. Once you get past the initial awkwardness, it's an easy job that pays well.

They used to occasionally let me dress up in costumes for the students to draw as well. Fun times.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member
    The old bike shop.

Oh so dysfunctional but we we're the A-Team. It was just like hanging with your mates and we got to sell and fix cool *kitten*... I wonder what it would be like now? If I ever go back that side of the country.
  • Whyohwhydidsheswallowthefly
    Whyohwhydidsheswallowthefly Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2020
    Working as a bar maid in this really rough, dive of a bar. The people were scary but hilarious.
    And obviously as it was me serving them drinks, they were usually very nice to me 😁