I lost 1 pound

I know it seems too little but I am really excited and I wanted to share.

I have started counting calories, weighing my food with food scale, logging and keeping it in 1200-1400 range. It has been just 10 days but initially I gained 3 lbs and truth to be told, I was a little discouraged but reading the forums, other people's experiences helped and I kept going. Did not change anything. Today morning, I suddenly dropped 4 lbs, making it a 1 pound of loss in 10 days which is amazeballs. I am super excited. Also, I can do 2 push ups where my chest and quads touch the floor, elbows don't flare and I am really happy with my form. I started from wall push ups 10 days ago. I can also do crow stand and hold it for 30+ seconds and crane stand for about 10+ seconds as of today.

I am really really excited. :#:#:#

Replies

• Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    Good job! :)
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Bravo!
  • Babygeezer
    Babygeezer Posts: 4 Member
    Well done!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Well done. Not just for the loss but for sticking with it despite the initial setback.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Good job on crow and crane! Those are milestones!
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    I love this victory so much - lots of single pounds lost will add up before too long. Sounds like you’ve got the right mindset.
  • TexasAggie1280
    TexasAggie1280 Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2020
    Don't get overly caught up with day-to-day changes, your weight fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day for a wide variety of factors. As long as you stay at a calorie deficit though, it will always eventually start to go down.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Awesome start! Keep going and you'll see your goals be achieved one by one. :)
  • persimmonfig
    persimmonfig Posts: 15 Member
    You're doing great! I'm especially excited to hear about your push-up form and crow pose. Celebrating small goals and achievements is a great way to stay motivated, so I don't think it seems too little at all.
  • Lavenderpixies
    Lavenderpixies Posts: 32 Member
    Well done!!
  • scollis11
    scollis11 Posts: 21 Member
    YOU GO!!! That is fantastic!!
  • threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    Beginner's gain I guess. My push ups increased to 5 from 2 within 2 days. :D
  • sallaf90
    sallaf90 Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    Awesome!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Your weight will inevitably go up and down. Mine can vary by a kilo (2.2. lbs) or more from day to day. Track on MFP or on a spreadsheet and you will (hopefully) soon see that the tendency is down. This is encouraging (for me at least) when that morning's weigh-in was up from the previous day's. In the end the scale is a lot less important than your awesomely improved ability to do push ups!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    That's how to do it... one pound at a time. Congratulations!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    For me, weighing has been important. But also, I have found non-scale wins to be important too, because I dont always win on the scale.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    See what you can do when you try? You're doing an amazing job, just stick with it and all those "1 lb" losses will add up until you reach your goal. You have got this! 👍
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!