Strange ways to stop eating?

Options
What is the strangest way that you have stopped yourself from chowin' down? You know what I mean, when you have opened the fridge 12 times and told your self to "stop it!"

Tonight I polished our stainless steal trash can... :D

Replies

• redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually chug water and clean the house :D . I tend to be the "look in the fridge every 5 minutes" person when I am supper bored so keeping busy, which is hard since COVID decided it hated all of us, usually does the trick.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't do this myself, but I've read some people brush their teeth if they get cravings in the evening.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Cook.

Counterintuitive, I know, but... I burned an extra 500 calories yesterday (and stopped myself from eating) by batch cooking sweet potato rosti. Peeling and grating sweet potatoes in a large quantity is a work out in itself - it definitely distracted me from eating, I was exhausted!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I play games. I'm very protective of my gadgets and hate having food crumbs, sauces, and oil anywhere near my gaming stuff.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of fruit. Chewing gum is a good distraction too!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not strange but I pamper myself. Shower, exfoliate, tan, manicure, pedicure, pore mask and face creams, do my brows etc.