**possible trigger warning|bulimia**

Options
My name is Natasha, I’m 27. I’m gonna have to start off by saying I am overcoming bulimia. 🤞🏼 I’ve been eating normal for a month now. I use to flip back and forth between starving myself, working out 3 hours+ a day & binge eating for days at a time. I use to pick the “crust “ off of buns as an excuse not to eat as much Or wouldn’t eat anything at all and I passed out on several occasion from going too long without eating. From that to eating 6 meals a day!! Heavy unhealthy meals not just snacks! From the age of 16 to now Ive battled with myself. Ive finally paid off my hospital bills and I’ve finally decided enough is enough AND STUCK WITH IT for a month now. Im beyond exciting because this means I’m one step closer to being that healthy woman I crave to be so bad! A month isn’t long enough to be celebrating by no means but I honestly FEEL the motivation in my bones 💛 so much more than I’ve ever felt. I think I can kick it this time.
I’m gonna be doing 4 (5x5x5) strength training days a week. 2 rest days and 1 cardio main focus day. I’m gonna run 3 days a week, one day being the cardio day. By it being a cardio day it’s gonna be the day I give it my all, running, walking, deep cleaning my house, staying busy all day long. If you have any advice I’d be more than happy to hear it.
If you have any questions about the disorder I’m ok to answer them, people are usually curious how it started, etc. I just hope I don’t get any hate on here for mentioning it. But it’s what has kept me from being at my 💯 % best self.
On another note, I’m gonna need an accountability partner if anyone is available 😉☺️

Replies

• rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey! You’re such an inspiration and I’m so proud of the progress you have made! Celebrate that one month because it’s awesome! You’re awesome!! 🥰
  • faithlovefit
    faithlovefit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That means a lot. It feels wonderful so far! <3
  • Willownwind32
    Willownwind32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go that's a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud, its a hard fight! Retraining the brain is so hard too! I would love to encourage you and vice versa. Give yourself a big pat on the back your doing great.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I have been what I consider to be recovered for a few years now, but I struggled with the whole spectrum of eating disorders for all of my teen years, and then continued to struggle with disordered thoughts around food and exercise well into my recovery, and all I have to say is you're doing great for even wanting to get better. You're doing great for getting this far and for seeking support! Take it one day or even one meal at a time when you have to, and count your wins! I'm not sure what kind of accountability you're looking for but I'd be happy to help or lend an ear or occasional advice if you want ❤️