Need to keep going strong need Motivation

Options
I need all the motivation I can get to keep going strong I'm going one day number 2 of No Soda and this will be very huge for me if I can stop drinking Soda. I've also changed how I eat and starting to make better choices on food and starting to make no excuses to workout I currently Walk 1.5 hours a day early in the morning as it gets very hot here quickly. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Stopping soda is difficult. I still drink diet but am trying to quit. When I want additional motivation I watch youtube videos about the bad effects of soda.
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I have never been one for soda, but can appreciate the challenge of trying to let go of old consumption habits. Have you tried carbonated water and adding flavoring to it (such as Mio)? It might help curb those soda cravings that come up.
  • kfarnworth2785
    kfarnworth2785 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I find motivation when the cravings hit to remind myself of the reasons why I'm changing my habits. My reasons are I'm 32 I weigh 250 lb I have high blood pressure my mother died of heart disease and I want to be a better example for my son I also take a moment to look in the mirror and remind myself that I don't like what I see but it's going to get better if I just keep trying! What are your reasons?
  • kfarnworth2785
    kfarnworth2785 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    another idea is have one day where you allow yourself two sodas like maybe Sunday tell yourself if you go all week without one then you can have two on Sunday or something like that. I have one day where I indulge a little in food if I maintain my week doing both calorie goal and exercise goal...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Its not really motivation you need, the fact you've cut out soda and started eating healthy is because you want to lose weight.
    You're doing these things because you're already motivated to do them. So you already got the motivation because there's a reason you started to eat healthy.

So what you need now, is discipline. Discipline and being strict with yourself (because no one can do it for you) when faced with a choice.
    You need to keep saying no to yourself.
    No to soda, no to chips, no to takeaways and fast food even when someone's eating it in front of you and offering it to you. No no no.
    And it might seem youre being harsh on yourself. But when you say no to these things, you're actually saying no to being overweight, no to possible future health issues, no to insecurity

So with every no, its a yes to life, a yes to happiness and a yes to being healthy!!

So when you fancy a soda, just think what you're really saying yes or no to

EDIT:
    I forgot to add, you don't have to say no forever, there will come a point where you genuinely don't want the soda or you know you can have a glass without then slipping into the old habit again.