BUFFALO CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BOATS

Options
My husband and I have been experimenting with different healthy recipes over the past week and the zucchini boats are seriously AMAZING!!! Easy, healthy and filling! Enjoy!!!

Ingredients
4 small/medium Zucchinis
1lb Fresh chicken Breast
1/4 cup of Texas Pete Hot Sauce or Frank's Red Hot Sauce (I <3 Texas Pete)
1/4 cup of Cream Cheese
1/cup of Mozarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 350
•Cook your chicken in a pan and shred it in a large bowl (I used only paprika and fresh garlic for my chicken seasoning)
•In your Shredded chicken bowl add your 1/4 cup of Hot Sauce and 1/4 cup of cream chesee and mix that *kitten* up
•Cut those zucchinis in half (lengthwise) and use a spoon to take out the seeds to make your "boat".
•Put your freshly cut zucchinis in a 9x13 pan
•Fill your zucchini boats with your shredded chicken mixture
•Top em'off with some Mozarella cheese
•Put in oven for 25 minutes
<3 THEN SMASH!!!! <3

Replies

• beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just came across this 3 year old post after doing a search in the forums for "zucchini" because I wanted some new ways to use mine up, and this is just the thing I needed. Not sure if you're active on here anymore or not, but thanks for sharing! :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    :lol:

Pretty good zombie thread bump.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    This is easy to do with veggie meat crumbles too, super satisfying. I'd grill the scooped zucchini for a couple minutes before filling as well to help them be less mushy.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    This is going to be dinner one night this week for Hubby & I. THANKs!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,416 Member
    Options
    I make buffalo chicken zucchini boats .........chicken Parmesan zucchini boats are good too :)
  • LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You had me at hot sauce love
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I made this last night, with some adjustments.

Filling, all mixed together:
    8 oz neufatel (actually was 219g that went into the mix as I can never scrape 100% off the foil wrapper)
    560 grams boneless, skinless, trimmed of fat chicken breast <--boiled then shredded
    56 grams shredded cheddar cheese
    4 tbs Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce

4 zucchini - cut in half and scooped out down the middle slightly. I like zucchini, and did not scoop too much as I did not want to get rid of too much. Each half was 115-130 grams.

Worked out to be about 78 grams of 'mix' to spread into each 1/2 zucchini 'boat'

Baked 25-30 minutes @ 350 (checked the tenderness of the zucchini with a fork after about 20 and decided it needed to cook longer. Then topped with about 7 grams each crumbled blue cheese.

This turned out very well, though the 'mix' did not stay in/on the boats very well. But still eating with knife & fork got the job done. The mix had a good buffalo flavor without being too strong. I imagine we'll make this mix for a dip now as well.

About 230-250 calories per boat. I had about 1 1/2 for dinner and hubby had 3.