Best low calorie alcoholic drink?

Options
I'm having my fantasy football draft at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight (my wife is soooo excited for me). I already know what I'm going to order for food, but I will be there for 3+ hrs and am wondering what MFP drinks when they are at a bar/restaurant?

I'm trying to get off diet pop, but make an exception when drinking alcohol.

*I usually drink Sam Adams Light, Miller Lite, or Jack and Diet, but am open to suggestions. I also enjoy Vodka and spiced rum.

Replies

• RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I drink Heineken Light. Best beer ever. I never have a hangover the next day after drinking many Heinies either! :blushing:

ETA ~ 99 cals a bottle
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Straight shots of tequila.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking light beer. Mich Ultra is only 95 calories!
  • winniss
    winniss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drink coors light, 105 calories... lowest i can find! :D
  • iamrobyn
    Options
    I stop off and grab 2 bottles of Fuze Tropical Punch (10 Calories each bottle) and ask them to mix it up with Malibu Coconut Rum. At first it seems strange to bring my own mixers but nothing about this drink tastes low calorie..so I don't care if look silly for a few seconds.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fond of the bud select 55. For a "light" beer, it's got a really great taste for only 55 calories. If I don't drink those, then I splurge a bit and have a bloody mary for about 130 calories (average)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    you beat me to it with the Jack and Coke, favorite drink ever! a 7 and 7 shouldn't be too bad if you went diet. Or you could say forget the food and go with guinness!
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Miller lite is about 100 calories per can. If you're having 3 or 4, that's not a huge deal. Basically balances out with the gym.

Sam adams is a little more. I got the Sam Oktoberfest the other day and it was 180 calories per serving.

You can get a rum and diet with about 3 shots of rum in it for about 200 calories. That's probably the best bang for your buck calories and alcohol wise.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Mich Ultra Amber for a stronger beer flavor, MGD 64 for beer flavored water (but still pretty good).
  • helloimangela
    Options
    Michelob Ultra (96 calories), Bacardi and Diet Coke (60 calories), Budweiser Select (50 Calories)... Smirnoff also has a 0 calorie vodka. I haven't tried it and I don't know if many places carry it, but it's worth a shot!
  • lewis44
    Options
    I hear vodka and tonic water is very low cal but you can also have vodka and water!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda. i LOVE this drink, and the soda water is calorie free!
  • Pmorgan2
    Pmorgan2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    calories in per ounce per 100 g
    Beer 12 41
    Light beer 8 28
    Gin, rum, vodka,
    whisky, tequila 64 231
    Brandy, cognac 50 175
    Crème de menthe 124 371
    coffee liqueur 117 336

I usually just stick with light beer, since a 12 oz bottle usually has about 100 calories and a mixed drink with 2 oz of hard liquor is about 128 calories for just the alcohol! But maybe someone else knows better!

There's always MGD 64 :)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bud Select isnt too bad and 99 cals per bottle
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I bring my own mixer. Crystal lite....lots of flavors go well w/ vodka.
  • Lauralea7
    Options
    Bud has Select 55 which is 55 calories, lowest beer I know of....when celebrating I like Bloody Marys, not many calories in the mix and even has some healthy stuff :)
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Out of the low calorie beer waters, I really like MGD 64. But it also takes a lot to get a buzz from it, so by the time you actually feel it you might as well have just had a better tasting beer. So I dunno.
  • klamont9
    Options
    Michelob Ultra (96 calories), Bacardi and Diet Coke (60 calories), Budweiser Select (50 Calories)... Smirnoff also has a 0 calorie vodka. I haven't tried it and I don't know if many places carry it, but it's worth a shot!

Wow, I never knew there was a 0 calorie vodka. That is something I am going to have to research.

Think I'll try the 55 calorie beer and see who "good" it tastes.
  • danimal40
    danimal40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd go with two bottles of the sam adams light, and two shots of Patron silver. I guess it depends on how long you're going to be there and whos driving home. I miss good beer, the sa light is about the best thing going for real beer. I've been drinking miller lite and busch light the most lately.
  • lewis44
    Options
    You should try str8 vodka lol i mean thats the whole point of drinking. Average shots can have 100 cal + without adding the mixer :-(