fell of the wagon last time.......trying again

Options
Well I could do with all the help I can get.... Need to loose 1.5 stone, am really struggling - help anyone?

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i can't tell you how many times i've been on and off the wagon!!!! i'm hoping this is my last ride :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    get back on girl...you can do it this time!! =)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    oh wow yes the notorious wagon .. you going great hit a bump and you fall off and it seems that it takes longer to get back on then it did to fall off ... the great news is your back on and you know what knocked you off the last time .. strap in and ride it again new commitment, new encouragement, new you just stick with it and make it up in your mind "not this time, i am worth it" .. good luck to you and feel free to add me if you wish
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    yes! Me Too! Hoping this is my last ride!!
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    Just pick an easy pace for your weight loss, like a pound a week. Remember, you're not just trying to lose weight, you're retraining yourself when it comes to food. You'll quickly learn where your weak points are (mine was/is grazing in the evenings; now I keep some fruit in the fridge and have that until I'm full), and figure out how to adapt to counter them. It isn't about starving yourself, it's about making healthier choices that allow you to eat your favorite foods too. I love ice cream, I just don't eat an entire bucket in one sitting. 4 oz. (weighed on a food scale with a tare function - LOVE that!) is enough to enjoy without going overboard.

I think as long as you go into this with this idea - that you're not changing your weight, you're changing your life - you'll do just fine. There are all kinds of supportive people here who are in the same boat as you, and are more than willing to help.

Oh, and welcome! :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    As wise Yoda once said, "No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." :wink:
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...it's a life long struggle. But, I have to keep in mind that it's not about just looking good, but being healthy. I visualize all of the fat and sugar dripping from those bad foods I crave and how it clogs my arteries and makes my joints ache! Also, look back at photos of where you used to be and where you don't want to go back. Then sit back and take in all of the encouragement and compliments you'll get when you are successful!
  • CarlitaK
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Feel free to add me for extra motivation! I like the yoga quote~!
  • rerecat
    Options
    Forget about yesterday.....Today is day 1...Tomorrow has no failures in it..
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off the wagon for 29 years (my oldest son). I know I've got it this time. Never stuck with anything longer than a few months or so. I know this site helps me. I am accountable to me with encouragement from others. I log NO MATTER what, it works for me to SEE what I'm putting in my body. I never paid attention much before and thought hmmm I really don't eat so much, where are all these lbs coming from. Then, then I started logging oh my gosh, holy cow (really).

I think of it this time as a life-long, life-style change. I'm not going back. One bite, one meal, one day and start over.

Add me if you'd like, I've got a sense of humor and offer honest support.
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the "I fell off the wagon" story is very popular! I keep falling off, climbing back on, then rolling off again. As I've done before, though, I had to hit that point that I say "ENOUGH" and it's time to do this for me because I deserve it. That hit me last night and I am determined to be bikini ready by May of next year for a cruise to the Bahamas. Nobody can do it but me and I know from past experience a lot of my health problems, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, and erratic blood pressure improve rapidly when the weight starts coming off and exercise becomes routine. Do it for you. That's the only way you will stick with it for the long term.