Pimple Break Outs?

Options
This last week I kicked everything up my exercise focusing more on higher intensity exercises and all of a sudden I have had the biggest break out of pimples!

I don't usually get many, just a couple around my chin and mouth when I am on my period. But now I have them all along my jaw, around my chin and mouth and some along the side of my face. I am washing my face with a cleanser and moisturising every night. Should I be doing it after every time I exercise (I exercise three times per day to varying degrees of difficulty).

I am finding the pimples really distressing as I don't usually get them and I don't think I have had this many since I was a teenager.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    could it be mask related?
  • palprotein
    palprotein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It could have to do with hormonal changes caused by exercising. Estrogen binds itself to fat cells, so if you're losing weight it could be releasing into your system at a rate your body isn't used to. I'm dealing with this same issue, and have been using jojoba oil once a day to combat the acne. Something else that might help is increasing your water intake.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Having protein powder several days in a row does that to me. I hope you get to the bottom of it.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I wash my face lightly if I sweat after exercise and never wear make up when I workout for this reason. Stopped all but hormonal breakouts
  • RenoBA
    RenoBA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice so far!

I am not wearing a mask as it is not mandated where I am (Our cases are extremely low and are all returned, travellers. Plus I am working from home and only going to the shops when needed so not really at risk.

I am not wearing makeup because I am working from home and don't need to look pretty for the cats haha.

I am thinking it could be a change in hormones as suggested. So I will definitely keep an eye on it and hopefully, it will die down as I fall into this routine.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    could it be mask related?

That was my first thought as well. It's been hot/humid here and wearing a mask aggravates my skin. I've had a couple pimples lately and I'm 66 for crying out loud. :( Pimples haven't been much of a concern for me all my life.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    @RenoBA I feel your pain :( ever since I started getting back on track I've had the worst acne I've had in years (and I've done three rounds of accutane prior, it was calm before this for years). its finally starting to slow a bit after 2 months- healing and not as many new spots :( hope yours calms soon!

Another trigger for me is whey protein, makes me breakout like crazy so maybe check your protein powder if using.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    The last few years I’ve been getting breakouts in a specific place. Along my left jawline and left side of my neck. I read somewhere that it’s probably hormonal. I don’t break out anywhere else. Weird.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you don't need the moisturizer?
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my face after every workout or I break out really badly.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Evening primrose oil. Trust me on this one. 1 capsule orally twice a day and rub it on your face at bedtime. I never had acne but since I started losing weight it got terrible! Especially the 2 weeks leading up to my period. I was beginning to think I'd be better off being fat it was so miserable. I researched and found tons of people swearing by EPO. It has been a miracle. My skin was better from literally the first day of using it. I'm on month 3 and didn't break out at all this cycle. My skin looks the best it ever has. I'm 42. Google it.