Evening is the hardest time

Options
Hi,

It's evening....it's 8:06 pm. I can't stop thinking about the things I would like to eat. Is it always this difficult? It's almost as if my mind works so hard wishing, that it actually creates tummy rumbles.

HELP!! Any advice would be appreciated!!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    you're talking to the choir (me!) .... I'm hoping to read what others have to say!!
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    I'm trying something new, I am eating a nice big supper, then drinking a ton of water to stay full. Hoping it keeps me away from food. I usually stay up until 11-12 so it can be hard.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I found the best thing to do is go walk or exercise or do something with my hands. Watching tv always makes it worse. Or, I save 20 calories or so and have a couple sugar free jello cups if I am going beserk wanting to eat. But mostly, busyness. Maybe a bath??
  • snyakowa
    snyakowa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lol that is funny, I always try to eat dinner before 6 then work out, and usually i'm under my calorie goal, so what I do when I'm hungry is try to eat healthy snacks,,soups, yoghurt, something that will help me or granola bars, try it! I know those can't be bad for sure
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I also find Sunday nights tough.
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    Evening grazing is my weak spot, too. I keep fruit in the fridge in case I want to munch. You'd be surprised how refreshing a cold navel orange, apple or some grapes can be, with not nearly as many calories as what you might otherwise munch on. At the very least, start with a piece of fruit. It'll fill you up, and you'll eat less of the other stuff.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthful... like an apple and some air-popped popcorn. Or make a great big pitcher of crystal light and drink it icey cold... make a slushy out of it.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.My Husband is home in the evening and all he does is snack,snack,snack.He does not need to loose any weight.I eat grapes,Kellogs snack chips. Things like that.GOOD LUCK
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i guess the question is why are you avoiding eating at night, did you already hit your caloric goals for the day? when you eat doesn't matter in terms of weight loss if you are still in a deficit
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 meals and make them around 200-300 cals. I have a night meal/snack and try to make it protein. I am loving this eating 6 times a day thing!!

Good luck!

ooooxx
  • afloggie
    Options
    lol that is funny, I always try to eat dinner before 6 then work out, and usually i'm under my calorie goal, so what I do when I'm hungry is try to eat healthy snacks,,soups, yoghurt, something that will help me or granola bars, try it! I know those can't be bad for sure

This!
  • afloggie
    Options
    I love 100 calorie Emerald Cocoa Roasted almonds and a nice cold glass of water :o)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    hardest time for me too!!!

i try to leave 200 calories open for an evening snack to have right before i go to bed or else i will just sit there and think i need something to eat, even if i'm not hungry LOL.
  • jaeloco
    jaeloco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hardest time for me too!!!

i try to leave 200 calories open for an evening snack to have right before i go to bed or else i will just sit there and think i need something to eat, even if i'm not hungry LOL.
    Same for me! I like a small 100 cal bag of popcorn and something else...maybe some fruit or cheese. I have to eat at night or I won't stop thinking about food. Lol
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    distract yourself with something else, drink water, have a very light snack like a piece of fruit or a teaspoon of nutella. the same thing happened to me i couldn't go to sleep without food so i've resorted to a light snack and drinking water and getting distracted with a show or movie to forget about food and it works. Good Luck
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    It seems I'm not alone...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I eat strawberries on daily basis. So I save them for the last. However sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't. :(