Looking for ex- WW friends!

Options
Hi everyone, I’m a serial Weight Watcher and have been following one or another of their plans for, seriously, about 20 years. And... I think I weigh more or less the same as I did 20 years ago. With a couple of successes in between (once a decade ago for my wedding and then a second time after my second baby). Those 20 years have taught me a lot about portion control and healthier choices... but I am ultimately gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds over and over again. I’m switching to calorie counting to a) account for ALL my calories, including fruit and vegetables (I’m eating way more calories from these than I thought) and b) actually consume enough calories (a week of double tracking has seen me be over my WW points every single day)
Anyway, I’d love to make some new friends!!

Replies

• bmd1011
    bmd1011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm also an on again, off again WW member that is finally making a decision to stick with calorie counting on MFP (It clicks better for me). I originally joined WW back in 2004, and after gaining quite a bit I'm 10 pounds higher from where I was when I first joined WW. I'm down 45+ pounds from my highest weight though :)
  • party_lots99
    party_lots99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well done! Really hoping this clicks with me too.
  • Beanbaghagwagmfp
    Beanbaghagwagmfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was on weight watchers about 3 years ago but didn't find success there. Finding my small friends list not very active. Lots of posts but little interaction. I need support! I am 56 and have about 50 more pounds to lose. I've sent you both FR if your interested in mutual support.
  • esratcliffe
    esratcliffe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meeee!!!
    I've been on and off WW for years and always end up putting more back on than I lost. And the latest update to the points system really put the nail in the coffin for me – I was eating unhealthily and I was constantly starving.
    Nearly gave up weight loss for good, but I've decided to try again with MFP and I'm already loving the way it enables you to take control and work towards your own goals.
    What I DID like about WW was the points made it simple to track – counting every calorie on here is a pain in the bum – so my first challenge is to find ways to simplify the process so I don't get fed up with it!
    Looking forward to meeting new people to share the journey with. :)
  • party_lots99
    party_lots99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I’m really up for having people to support/keep me accountable!