Strong Curves

Options
Anyone do the Strong Curves program? Do you feel like it was a good program?
Pictures with results if you have followed it?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have done Strong Curves and I am a big fan of the programs. They are simple, fairly quick, easy to follow and also easy to modify if you need to.

If you are a beginner or intermediate it's a great program. If you are more advanced there are other programs by Bret Contreras I would recommend if you like his style (either his subscription program Booty by Bret or his programs on his new Glute Lab book)

My results are pretty much all from Strong Curves and his programs.

• sardelsa
    Options
    Oh and I had to do some digging but I found a progress shot from just Strong Curves that was err.. appropriate haha.
    This was after my first bulk cycle back in 2014. I had gained about 10lbs between photos, about 2" on my hips/glutes. Now if you are running the program in a deficit your results will likely be different.

vub1qjbxwrhu.jpg

I do want to add that I've been lifting since then (with two pregnancies in between) and have made even more progress. Depending on your goals and starting point results will take time. Consistency, patience, finding something that works for you.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • MamaOne13
    MamaOne13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Oh and I had to do some digging but I found a progress shot from just Strong Curves that was err.. appropriate haha.
    This was after my first bulk cycle back in 2014. I had gained about 10lbs between photos, about 2" on my hips/glutes. Now if you are running the program in a deficit your results will likely be different.

vub1qjbxwrhu.jpg

I do want to add that I've been lifting since then (with two pregnancies in between) and have made even more progress. Depending on your goals and starting point results will take time. Consistency, patience, finding something that works for you.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wow! You look great 😁
    I would classify myself as a beginner lifter at this point because I haven't lifted very consistently for almost 2 years.
    I am currently trying to lose weight, but don't know how much of a deficit I'm at compared to my maintenance because I haven't tracked calories for about 3 years now.
    I know you've commented on a few of my other posts, but I'm 4 months postpartum with my first baby and looking to lose about 10 more pounds in the next 3-4 months before considering a bulk cycle.

I used to do SUPER long workouts in the past... Like 2 plus hours. I tried day one of the Strong Curves today and it was weird being done in a little under an hour haha.

Do you think I'll still see results, or some strength gains if I'm around a deficit?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Thanks!

Ya you can definitely see results, but that also depends what kind of results you are looking for. The only thing about Strong Curves is because it is so lower focused, it is a bit lacking in the upper. You can always add an extra exercise at the end if you wanted more for example bicep or tricep work. But there are other programs too ( I think I gave you that link in another post ) if you feel Strong Curves is not a good fit for you.

Ya that sounds like a good plan. I would keep the deficit smaller (I don't remember if you are breastfeeding but definitely don't cut cals too much). Get adequate protein (approximately 0.8-1g per lb goal weight).
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'll give another perspective here. I have been following StrongCurves as a supplement to my running training and less of physique training. There is such a good focus on glutes and hips, it has done wonders for injury prevention. Hubby says my *kitten* looks great. I haven't been doing very heavy weight, bit very focused on quality reps. My favorite improvement is honestly in my arms and back! I will probably invest in the Glute Lab book next.