counting exercise

Options
I might be reading into MFP wrong, but it accounts how many calories we are allowed to lose weight correct? I feel like adding the calories burned from exercise ends up cancelling out the exercise if I eat all those calories. Does that make sense at all or am I totally wrong in thinking that?

Replies

• stacydances
    stacydances Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with you completely. In fact, I've stopped entering my exercise into the equation because the output is too optimistic.
  • SaundraU
    Options
    My nutritionist agrees with you that you should not eat them all. She suggested I eat about 100 of them only because otherwise I was cancelling the benefit.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People post about this everyday. I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not eating back your exercise calories. My wife and I both eat them back and we both are losing weight on a weekly basis. To each their own.
  • drrsbh
    drrsbh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree! I don't add my exercise until I go to bed & that's worked for me.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    There are lots of posts about this and entire threads. I am sure someone can quote them for you :)

Personally, I eat into them up to 100 only because I never seem to be able to hit that 1200 perfectly.

I say experiment. See what your body likes. This is a lifetime change and not a diet, right? :flowerforyou:

Good luck!
    xoox
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends. Many here seem to think you should eat all of them and they do well. Others including me are struggling with it. I have decided to increase my exercise this week and not eat them to see if I can get unstuck from my current weight.
  • JillKad
    JillKad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy!