Renpho Scale Accuracy??

Options
Hi guys, I bought a renpho scale to get back on track, but I was wondering how accurate it is. My BMI is overweight at 27, but it estimates my muscle mass to be 118 lbs and body fat to only be 24%? Does this sound right? I honestly don’t take much stock in BMI, I just want to feel healthy.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Most of the scales that show body fat, and muscle mass are highly inaccurate. I wouldn't put any stock in those numbers.
  • lilharumaki
    lilharumaki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you so much for your input!! Just trying to get a better idea of what my goal is. I am already pretty active and muscular but I find when I exercise more I tend to gain more muscle rather than lose weight 😂
  • jameswmackie
    jameswmackie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the above. The scales are good for seeing trends but I’d say they aren’t very accurate except for the weight measurement.
  • lilharumaki
    lilharumaki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use the above. The scales are good for seeing trends but I’d say they aren’t very accurate except for the weight measurement.

Thank you so much! I’m going to try this out!
  • Pecosbill7
    Pecosbill7 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I just had an in-depth physical by my doctors clinic which involves fitness testing and a Dexa body composition scan. At age 70 my doc placed my metabolic age at 54, as I am in very good health and condition. The Renpho app, however, rated my metabolic age at 72. Based on what? A couple of measurements of weight and body fat? The Renpho scales are best used to identify trends and progress, but not for concluding what ones physical condition may be. Having said that, however, let me also say that I love the scale and the app and use it primarily to establish trends within my fitness journey.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    How about aiming for an ideal lifestyle and working towards that. Then you can use the scale as just a rough indicator of what direction your body composition is moving towards.

You don't need detailed body analysis to know what a more healthy lifestyle looks like.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Renpho has an athlete setting when you set up your profile in the App. If you leave it on it calculates BF differently because it assumes you are training at pro athlete level. Turn it off, assuming you are not training at a super high level, and you will get a more accurate reading